Baton Rouge City Profile

NCB

I stumbled across this video on the Visit Baton Rouge website. I wasnt sure who else may have stumbled across it to, so i thought i would post it. Its a neat video and does an amazeing job at portraying baton rouge. :)

i cant lie...that was a well put together video.....they made baton rouge look like one of the top 24 hour cities in the country

Thanks for posting that Buckett :shades: Excellent video, very nice!!! Somebody did a fantastic job on this. BR is not as boring as people think; it's a mind frame. I love BR and lived here all my life! BR has come a long way; but still has a ways to go!

The split second aerial did not include the last two new State bldgs.(Iberville & Beinville).

Love the video, so very well put together. Watching that you'd almost think we were a huge vacation destination. LOL.... Just goes to show you tho, that there is alot to do here in BR all you have to do is look. Whats funny is you know most of the people here don't even know about most of that stuff. I highly recommend everyone going to the new State Museum downtown. I was amazed at how well put together it was. I brought my 10yr old nephew there and he truely enjoyed it as well.

Now that was one helluva video for the city. I knew about a lot of the stuff in that video, but there are a few I have yet to do. I need to take my kids to the Alligator Bayou and it has been a while since we've been down to the Arts and Science Museum.

lol P.S. (a little TSPN smack ) make sure u get the kids a ticket for the event on Nov. 25th the jaguar nation is now taking applications in case u have a change of heart lol j/p

Nice work as always Dan! :thumbsup: I appreciate your enthusiasm and time spent on the forums!

Looks like a different city with those past failed skyscrapers. BR has a elongated skyline that just needs to fil-in the gaps, it would be impressive! I can only hope that something like the Fidelity Bank Tower would be built somewhere along Fourth Street. On the last two pics I see you added the other towers that were to be built in other parts of the city. I wouldn't label RiverPlace "failed" just yet.

Different skylines just look better from certain angles; these are my favorite angles for the BR Skyline, a little further South:

(but doesn't include Galvez Bldg.)

23209988yo5.png

(neither does this; also a little narrow)

800pxbrdaylinegl7.jpg

I took this last year from atop the bridge, love the angle; but the bridge is in the way a little

skyline3ht7.jpg

Nice work as always Dan! :thumbsup: I appreciate your enthusiasm and time spent on the forums!

Looks like a different city with those past failed skyscrapers. BR has a elongated skyline that just needs to fil-in the gaps, it would be impressive! I can only hope that something like the Fidelity Bank Tower would be built somewhere along Fourth Street. On the last two pics I see you added the other towers that were to be built in other parts of the city. I wouldn't label RiverPlace "failed" just yet.

Different skylines just look better from certain angles; these are my favorite angles for the BR Skyline, a little further South:

(but doesn't include Galvez Bldg.)

23209988yo5.png

(neither does this; also a little narrow)

800pxbrdaylinegl7.jpg

I took this last year from atop the bridge, love the angle; but the bridge is in the way a little

skyline3ht7.jpg

I agree. In the middle pic the city looks very bulky. When you look at it from the Port Allen side of the river it looks very empty with just 3 buidlings standing out. I saw a picture sometime ago that the city looked full also. It was taken from across the river but further down towards the Old Bridge. You could see all the new state governement buildings and it gave downtown a bulky look. It really all depends on angle. Take NOLA, if you are coming in from Metarie on 10 it looks small, but but if you come in on 10 from the northshore it looks like a enlongated sprawling city, with a much better skyline view. It's great from that angle. LOL.... Theres a post card on the Downtown Developments website that was taken at nite with the bridge on top and skyline under the bridge, that is my favorite pic. I tell you tho, that first pic you have at nite, you add that new courthouse and II City Plaza and it will certainly be bulky in the southern part of the CBD.

Hey everybody, I am new to Urbanplanet. I wanted to compliment dan on his Baton Rouge skyline renderings (I ran across this page yesterday). The other day (Sunday) I picked up a copy of the 25th anaversary Business Report and I noticed the page with those buildings. I couldn't help but wonder what the skyline would look like if they would have been built.

Speaking of dead projects, does anybody have any updates on the redesign of Riverplace?

Score another win for our "wonderful" city council--

council votes down Holden's symbolic "acceptance" resolution. Apparently professing an openess to all races, creeds, nationalities, genders and sexual orientations encourages and invites the beastiality and pedophelia crowd... <_<

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/10446697.html

I'm not sure that the resolution was necessary given its symbolic nature, but you have to give it to the council's moral police for making us look (again) like a bunch of idiots.

Score another win for our "wonderful" city council--

council votes down Holden's symbolic "acceptance" resolution. Apparently professing an openess to all races, creeds, nationalities, genders and sexual orientations encourages and invites the beastiality and pedophelia crowd... <_<

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/10446697.html

I'm not sure that the resolution was necessary given its symbolic nature, but you have to give it to the council's moral police for making us look (again) like a bunch of idiots.

I agree with you. The debate and the reasons for turning down this resolution are stupid. When did being gay mean you were into such activities like beastiality? Most stories I've read about people into that were not gay. Just perverts. Same with pedophiles.

I am appauled and ashamed of our "wonderful" Metro Council. Once more we have proved not only to the state but to the country that we are just what they have always said about BR, that we are close-minded, intolerant, and unaccepting to others. Not to mention I think it is a total shame when we vote council members in only to have them abstain or not vote on issues brought before them, we should demand that every single councilperson vote on each and every issue before them. What exactly did any of the council members who voted against this fear? I am just grateful that most of the council members CAN NOT run again for their position. It is time to get them out and vote in some fresh voices that will represent the new, progressive, ACCEPTING Baton Rouge.

I went to Cabela's today and while the displays were a little smaller than I would have liked I still give it a big thumbs up. :thumbsup:

Also if you have time go drive by the Bass Pro in Denham Springs. It's HUGE.

In a few years Baton Rouge will really be "poppin' " as my mom would say. :D

Edited by dan326

• 2 weeks later...

The BR Metro Council approved the change in the Blue Law to allow alcohol sales on Sunday. The vote was 7-2.

LINK

Bones Addison and Lori Burgess voted against it. The mindset of these people insane. Bones, once again, pushes his religious beliefs on others, and Burgess thinks allowing alcohol sales on Sundays is the root cause of drug abuse and domestic violence. Oh well, at least I can buy a bottle of wine on Sunday without having to go to Ascension.

On October 28 the Travel Channel(55) will be featuring Baton Rouge's 13th Gate on one of there Halloween special shows. I've watched a few episodes of that show before and I think it's pretty cool. It usually shows about 5 or 6 haunted attractions from around America, so B.R. should get a good ten minutes. :D

The BR Metro Council approved the change in the Blue Law to allow alcohol sales on Sunday. The vote was 7-2.

LINK

Bones Addison and Lori Burgess voted against it. The mindset of these people insane. Bones, once again, pushes his religious beliefs on others, and Burgess thinks allowing alcohol sales on Sundays is the root cause of drug abuse and domestic violence. Oh well, at least I can buy a bottle of wine on Sunday without having to go to Ascension.

Folks with drug, alcohol and domestic issues had them LONG before anyone was able to buy liquor on a Sunday. People kill me with that excuse.