Baton Rouge City Profile

NCB

Well it's a bit convoluted but it's there, not exactly Ferguson but the race issue at large. They plan on the subconscious making a connection to arouse and incite.

I will refrain from comment. Anything relating to Ferguson is not appropriate in this thread and any further posts will be deleted.

I will refrain from comment. Anything relating to Ferguson is not appropriate in this thread and any further posts will be deleted.

Thank you so much, every board I'm on has had this discussion and it has gotten out of hand there. Certainly do not need that here.

How are you or anyone supposed to get a Ferguson connection? Not to mention the Huff Post is a liberal rag.

I thought it was rather liberal, I mean most of those cities are from rather red states. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't consider Huffington Post a credible source. I think this piece was either for marketing or propaganda.

It's not a credible source.

Either way, in a capitalist society, the value of labor will be different for people practicing different fields. A family full of doctors and lawyers will be wealthier than a family full of mechanics and stay at home moms, who will in turn likely be wealthier than a family of absentee fathers and welfare queens.

What such a statistic, if true, would mean is that the very poor are not being pushed out of the city core in Baton Rouge and other southern towns like they are in San Francisco, where the costs of living are prohibitive to lower and even some middle income workers. It's probably even more economically segregated on Long Island or in the New York metro area.

Edited by cajun
  • Like 1

Anyone have a good photograph for the Baton Rouge wiki page?

Good to see you pay a visit Cajun :thumbsup:  So much propaganda spewed on the regular it's not even worth the bother

I'm trying to figure out who's the chump that keeps putting his old school 1990 aerial back on the BR Wiki Page :stop:

A poster here on UP a while back (SEBR) had a sweet shot of the BR Skyline that was put on Wiki for a short time; from across the river when the tower cranes were putting the new courthouse up...a waaay better pic! But it was taken off in favor of the silly dinosaur pic instead! FRUSTRATING!

Edited by richyb83

I can give you a larger image, I don't have a Wiki account that lets me edit pages so I can't put it in myself.

Richy, that's most of the skyline, only missing the courthouse and II City Plaza. The shot from Port Allen is such an overused angle, I thought this would be a bit fresher, also gives us more density.

I have a couple more of LASM and the Old State Capital and Galvez Plaza.

No doubt the Port Allen directly west is used plenty! And doesn't do as well with density.... the one Wiki removed was taken a lil' further down was from bridge off ramp; so not exactly the same. Anything but that horrendous 1990 aerial dinosaur pic... :yawn:

The angle you took is BEST for DENSITY.... I have ALWAYS said that...& trust me I have taken that pic from the Belle parking garage wishing I could have been further back (from same angle); that would have put me directly under the bridge up in The walk--way grills you have to climb waaay up to get to for maintenance(what are those called again?)...that's the ultimate shot for the entire skyline w density.... but too difficult to obtain!

Richy, that's most of the skyline, only missing the courthouse and II City Plaza. The shot from Port Allen is such an overused angle, I thought this would be a bit fresher, also gives us more density.

Some of those perspectives are kind of dangerous to get to.

DOT building is a great angle as well. I also think the view from the port of Baton Rouge dock on the west side, looking under the bridge is pretty cool. That would put the river in the foreground, but you'd lose the most dense angle.....which may actually be from the bridge deck itself on the westbound bridge approach.

Memphis and St Louis have a combination of photos on their Wiki page's thumbnail. I was thinking about mocking one up to see how y'all liked it.

Edited by cajun
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is an interactive map showing the estimated population changes across the country. I heard on the news that Ascension parish was the fastest growing in Louisiana and like the 70-somethingth fastest in the country. I had also read on MSN or somewhere that it had the highest average income in LA at near 70,000, so I guess together that means more proffesional and upper level plant jobs are coming to B.R.

I wonder if, Ascension will overtake Livingston as the second biggest, BR parish?

http://www.governing.com/gov-data/census/county-population-change-2014-2013-map.html

Edited by dan326
  • Like 1