Downtown Jacksonville New Projects Update

FLORIDA SKYRISE ORDER

Here is an update of the most major projects in downtown Jacksonville, Florida, both Southbank and Northbank. I will start with the Southbank first and then list the Nortbank projects.

SOUTHBANK

Riverpointe

800 Block of Prudential Drive

Jacksonville, FL 32207

South Shore Partners has secured the right to develop 300 residential units and 50,000 square feet of retail space adjacent to the Aetna building. Plans call for a single tower, along with a 12-foot wide riverwalk extension connecting to the existing Southbank Riverwalk. Living Development

60448_400.jpg

The Peninsula & Strand at St. Johns

1403 Riverplace Blvd.

Jacksonville, FL 32207

The first phase of the project includes a 32-story tower with 234 condos built over a 622-space parking deck. The second phase of the project would consist of a 36-story tower consisting of 295 apartments. It would be built over a $12-space parking deck. Also, there would be a seven-story, 85,000-square-foot office building built over six levels of 258 parking spaces. There will be about 10,000 square feet of retail space on the ground floor of the office tower. The project is being built on 3.78 acres of land between the Riverplace Tower building and the Radisson Riverwalk Hotel and Conference Center, and is estimated at $150 million. Sale of condos, which run from the mid-$200s to the high $700s, began in spring 2004. Total estimated investment: $150,000,000. Living Development

Peninsula at left, Strand at right

the-strand-1.jpg

San Marco Place

1300 Riverplace Blvd.

Jacksonville, FL 32207

Riverplace Properties Development LLC is proceeding with a mixed use development between Morton

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is an update of the most major projects in downtown Jacksonville, Florida, both Southbank and Northbank.  I will start with the Southbank first and then list the Nortbank projects.

SOUTHBANK

Riverpointe

800 Block of Prudential Drive

Jacksonville, FL 32207

South Shore Partners has secured the right to develop 300 residential units and 50,000 square feet of retail space adjacent to the Aetna building. Plans call for a single tower, along with a 12-foot wide riverwalk extension connecting to the existing Southbank Riverwalk. Living Development

60448_400.jpg

The Peninsula & Strand at St. Johns

1403 Riverplace Blvd.

Jacksonville, FL 32207

The first phase of the project includes a 32-story tower with 234 condos built over a 622-space parking deck. The second phase of the project would consist of a 36-story tower consisting of 295 apartments. It would be built over a $12-space parking deck. Also, there would be a seven-story, 85,000-square-foot office building built over six levels of 258 parking spaces. There will be about 10,000 square feet of retail space on the ground floor of the office tower. The project is being built on 3.78 acres of land between the Riverplace Tower building and the Radisson Riverwalk Hotel and Conference Center, and is estimated at $150 million. Sale of condos, which run from the mid-$200s to the high $700s, began in spring 2004. Total estimated investment: $150,000,000. Living Development

Peninsula at left, Strand at right

the-strand-1.jpg

San Marco Place

1300 Riverplace Blvd.

Jacksonville, FL 32207

Riverplace Properties Development LLC is proceeding with a mixed use development between Morton

The Peninsula will be Condos, not apartments. The STRAND will be apartments, at least for the moment. The rents should start around $1,000 per month. However, I was told that the Strand will convert to condos if the Peninsula sells 95% of its units, prior to the Strand nearing completion. I think they are very close to that figure already, so I would be surprised if that happens.

I just threw together a downtown project map with the google aerial photos. I posted it in the Downtown sticky thread at the top of the forum.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are there going to be any work offices in that development or just residentials? like big companies .....

Where did you get your information from regarding The St. John's Center (Strand & Peninsula inc. 3rd building). If I'm not mistaken, The Strand is 27 floors (you listed 32), the Peninsula is 37 floors (you listed 36) and that the 3rd tower is now planned as residential and not an office tower anymore?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This was from a source already printed online in another forum; if it is outdated I stand corrected sir. And thank you for pointing that out!

:( FLORIDA SKYRISE ORDER

• 1 month later...

Archived