The SubForum Dreams...

northernbizzkit1

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been away too long...I started to dream about the Tennessee forum having a Memphis and Nashville subforum...I was missing urbanplanet too much...my subconscience was telling me to return!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lord, I don't even think Charlotte and Raleigh have subforums, and those folks are really active!

Post away. I don't live in Memphis and don't have a clue what goes on there aside from the papers and various forums.

Next, you'll be wanting Germantown, Collierville, Franklin, and Brentwood forums. :lol:

How about a West Memphis forum?

Lord, I don't even think Charlotte and Raleigh have subforums, and those folks are really active!

Post away.  I don't live in Memphis and don't have a clue what goes on there aside from the papers and various forums.

Next, you'll be wanting Germantown, Collierville, Franklin, and Brentwood forums.  :lol:

How about a West Memphis forum?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wait...we have to be fair...the BP on Poplar in Germantown deserves its own forum as well

I'm against subforums at this point in time. I don't think there are truly enough forumers or or nearly enough threads being created to make them needed. All I can see it doing is creating another series of clicks to get to the same number of threads. Its not like we have so much information that things are getting pushed off the board before they are thoroughly discussed. Thats just my opinion though.

Yes, but I think it would be easier to discuss more local topics like museums, smaller projects, parks, government, etc.

If we don't have subforums, I would like to see more of those topics at the top of the page, that are separate from the rest of the topics (I have no idea what they're called).

That's just my opinion, though.

I agree with sleepy and some of the others. I like it the way it is. The only reason to add sub forums would be to help organize the topics because theres such a large amount of them that you can't keep up with whats going on. I don't think that is the case here. Plus I probably wouldn't be reading so much about whats going on in other parts of the state if it were broke up into different sections. I've been able to learn a lot about whats going on in Memphis and other areas that I normally wouldn't have paid much attention to.

Yes, but I think it would be easier to discuss more local topics like museums, smaller projects, parks, government, etc.

If we don't have subforums, I would like to see more of those topics at the top of the page, that are separate from the rest of the topics (I have no idea what they're called).

That's just my opinion, though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I respect your opinion, but you know, sometimes the TN forum goes 24 hours or so without any posts at all. Most posts don't go "out of sight" for a long time.

^Just the like two days ago it with through a 24 hour no-post period. I definately think thats indicative that the forum is pretty much in a proper format as is.

I agree with GaTechGuy, I think suforums will create smaller communities which will mean less traffic and discussion in all threads. I kind of like know how we are a fairly tight-nit forum and everybody is chiming in on everything.

It will pick up in time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah.

Tennessee is the home of the big proposal. Then come the renderings, re-renderings, and re-re-renderings. After that, there's not too much to discuss other than moving piles of dirt back and forth for two years. Hey, a couple months ago, I saw some bricks on pallets on the sidewalk in front of Memphis' two-yr. old proposed 28 story downtown bldg, the Vue. lol

Some Memphis poster informed me--two months later--that they're still sitting there. Leave 'em long enough and they'll get stolen.

Just kidding. :lol:

Ouch, sleepy. lol.

My take on this mirrors most the others. I can't see that a subforum is necessary, nor can I see that huge numbers of posters or threads are necessary. We have enough going on around here to keep it interesting and like GaTech said, I'd probably not pay much attention to anything except the Nashville section which would be a shame. I like hearing about other parts of the state, but having to navigate to each subsection would dilute my interest.

We know what you saying cheerio, just bear with us and we'll see where it all leads. But for now, let's all sit in the same room.

If we could get some posters from chatt and knox, it would be nice to have the three grand divisions subforums. I know there is alot going on there, especially in chatt, but I rarely hear about anything. There is also alot going on in middle tn, outside of the city of Nashville. Heck, even my little burg is moving at a pretty good clip on the development front, but overall I don't think we need subforums yet. Hopefully someday we will though.

It is good to see what is going on in the rest of the state. Not only would it be good to have posters from Chatt. and Knox., but also in the Tri-Cities. Within a 50 mile radius of the Tri-Cities, there is well over a million people but that also takes in part of 4 states. I think the SMSA is around 500,000 people.

Archived