Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

turlough

Portland at night

11 posts in this topic

Portland's a great city, but it needs some more skyscrapers! Sorry, but Charlotte ruins it when it comes to these metros of about 2 million people have don't have good Skyscrapers.

Portland's a great city, but it needs some more skyscrapers! Sorry, but Charlotte ruins it when it comes to these metros of about 2 million people have don't have good Skyscrapers.

One great thing I love about portland is it is next to water...something I wish Charlotte had. Heck, I'd even be for them making a man-made lake next to DT Charlotte, LOL!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but Portland has a nice little grid going on, and from what I hear the mass transit is top of the line for a city the size it is.

Being next to water is always a huge plus. Or mountains. Or like Seattle, both.

I know I miss this about Atlanta. Hell, even a river adds a nice touch.

excellent photo.

portland does have a nice location next to the river, but i do agree, a couple more skyscrapers and that same shot looks twice as impressive.

It looks like a skyline shot of Pittsburgh, but with not as many tall buildings. I mean that in a possitive way. In my opinion Pittsburgh has the most impressive skyline for a city of just over two million people.

Portland is a great city.

So is the Columbia River Gorge.

Hood River and Full Sail Ale!!

ITS BEEN 30 YEARS SINCE I WAS IN PORTLAND, I THOUGHT IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL CITY. IVE SEEN RECENT PHOTOS OFF PORTLAND AND IT IS STILL BEAUTIFUL. THE VIEWS TO ME ARE BREATH TAKING. I LIVE IN CA. BUT PORTLAND IS ON THE TOP OF MY BEAUTIFUL CITY LIST, JUST THE WAY IT IS.

ITS BEEN 30 YEARS SINCE I WAS IN PORTLAND, I THOUGHT IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL CITY. IVE SEEN RECENT PHOTOS OFF PORTLAND AND IT IS STILL BEAUTIFUL. THE VIEWS TO ME ARE BREATH TAKING. I LIVE IN CA. BUT PORTLAND IS ON THE TOP OF MY BEAUTIFUL CITY LIST, JUST THE WAY IT IS.

ATRAYU my friend,

Posting in all caps is strictly forbidden by the Administrators at UrbanPlanet. If you are confused, I direct you to the forum rules. If you need help with anything let me know.

Thanks,

Matt