"White Trash"

Topher1

Wow.  We're just going to pick this apart!  "Well, you can use the term 'white trash' as long as you're white and your income is below $50,000/year and your house is this many square feet and you drive a '78 Ford Pickup.. blah blah blah blah blah" 

Yes, and by allowing certain races to call other races this or that... we're doing one thing:  Giving lip service to the idea of non-racism while we divide the races even further by telling each other which words we can and cannot refer to eachother in.

People... we weren't put into the world to tip toe around other people's feelings all the time.  But we weren't put into the world to plow over them either.  Use common sense.  If someone has garbage all over their yard and their dog digs a hole to sleep underneath the old broken down truck and they use rope to hold their bumper on the one good car and they bought their wedding rings at Wal-mart... they're white trash.  :):):)  I can't think of a better term for it...  "Light skinned refuse"?  Come on people!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl: that has to be the funniest thing ive read all week....thats great :rofl:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"EuroAmerican unpriviledged people". Would that be better?

This excesive awareness about political correctness might be contradictorial. Now every term marking differrent racial or cultural backgrounds is considered racist or offensive. We are all different, and we need words to describe these differences without getting offended. We cannot say blacks, now we have to say "african americans". It is not about a casual description any more. And curiously enough, this awareness about being correct, is rascist, because we cannot refer to them as naturally as we would refer to a member of the same race.  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i always thought blak would be a better term, because i dont know any blacks personally that come from africa, i mean directly. there are immigrants like somalians who are african americans, but not your every day american black. i dont know any black people who would get offended if you called them black. i mean, my nephew is half black and might as well be 100% because he has all the traits and is very dark skinned, but he is really cuban and panamanian...both of which arent in africa. so even though his ancestors had to have come from africa at one point in history, i dont think people like him would like being called "african-american". and afterall, everyones ancestors came from africa at one point, so we might as well just all call ourselves african american. this is meant to be sarcastic, please dont anyone get offended or think im 100% serious, just trying to make a point in a humorous way.

There are a lot of racists that cover their views well, according to a recent university study. Those racists will actually project friendlier outside attitudes towards minorities than less-prejudiced people, leading those minorities to think they're sensible people, when their in fact racists in progressives' clothing.

The study even indicated that members of minority groups exposed to these racists actually preferred hanging around with them, becasuse they seemed friendlier towrds minorites. That's pretty chilling and dangerous, if you ask me. Possibly the worst side effect to the political correctness movement I've heard in a long time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i took a sociology course on race and ethnicity in college and i know the study youre refering too, it isnt new. and there is a term for people like that. but the thing is that they arent racist, they are prejudiced and try not to show it, but you really cant change your views once they are set. these are the type of people that grew up thinking one way and now realize that they cant go around proclaiming their views in todays world...so while they dont necessarily hate minorities (racism) they have certain and often incorrect preconceptions about them. this is what they rty to hide. i think my mom is like this. she knows its not right to think this or that about certain people, but she is from a sheltered world and now we live in a diverse community and if she says certain things then she gets embarrassed....so she makes up for it by trying to seem overly polite to minorities so that anything she might blurt out by accident wont be taken in a way she doesnt mean it to be. these people arent racists, just undereducated and unexperienced with minorities. if anything, they are more polite than the average person because they go out of their way to make up for one of their shortcommings. my grandfather is the samw way. when my dad was growing up he was told he coulnt date an italian girl cause she was a N*****....that was a long time ago. now my grandfather meets black people and tells them his favorite president was abe lincoln (coincident that he freed the slaves? i think not). so these people are just uneasy around minorities and its funny how they try to hide that fact....but i wouldnt call them racist. they are the people that are trying to change but are having difficulty disregarding everything they grew up learning from their parents and stuff. its like a straight guy who doesnt like homosexuals cause his dad said they arent manly and then he moves to san fransisco...i can imagine in this hypothetical situation that even though the guy would feel uneasy around gays, he would have to be overly polite to them in that city to hide this fact. otherwise, he would have a rough time, especially in san fran...i hope this post makes sense to someone. if youre REALLY racist, you dont hide it. just like if you are a democrat you dont pretend to be republican around members of the GOP...i mean, were talking about people here that maybe have the wrong ideas about minorities but they feel ashamed of themselves and then look foolish trying to compensate for their narrow views. this is all my opinion.

just to comment on what someone else said earlier (wow, im replying to a lot here)...the word N*i**er is never used by blacks to other blacks...EVER. i cant even imagine it, can anyone else. it would be the oddest thing. they replace er with a, as some already said. and this is very clever. if theyre all calling eachother this anyway, then it takes the power away from white people of calling them something exclusively seen as a white verbal weapon. its like if the word "buddy" was made up as a racist term for whites by blacks. then whites all start saying "whats up buddy?" to eachother when they greet one another. then a black person comes by and says hey, buddy! its like, wheres the degredation in that? there isnt any, and thats why calling eachother that was so clever.

another thing...i really admire black people because their plight has been worse than any other race's ever, IMO. and this whole 40 acres and a mule thing after the civil war (for compensation) wasnt even enough to begin with, and then it was taken away. and ever since then blacks have been seen as the worst people alive when in actuality they are no different than any other race. they want good lives, want good lives for their children, they want good jobs, they are respectful people, they have manners, they are great friends, etc...and everyone always gives them so much SH*T just because they are black. it makes no sense whatsoever. and the funny thing is, blacks have played by all the rules, and tried to make it using all of the traditional routes (i.e. college, ahrd work etc) and they still havent made it equal to whites. so now look what theyve managed to do without white people even realizing it.....rap and hip hop culture has over taken the country. rap was the hgihest selling music genre, over country for like the last couple years consistently...so now the black community is dominating pop culture, clothing, music, and just about anything else linked to those areas of social life. so its like you can try to hold down a certain group of people as long as you want, but as long as they stick with it, theyll have their equality one way or another. if blacks cant become more like whites (because they arent allowed to....racism on the job, racial college admissions decisions etc) then they have shown that they can make whites more like blacks. just look at all of the white kids these days dressing and acting like they see rap stars doing. this is the best thing that could have ever happened for positive race relations. just think about how the generation of kids these days will be when theyre older. if you grow up as a white kid emersed in black pop culture then do you think it is likely you will descriminate against blacks in the work world as an adult. most likely not. so this is a very good thing, despite the shock of parents...in the end, the bottom line is that whites and blacks are acting more alike as kids, which means they will be more compatible as adults.....now i am just rambling. anyone agree?

Archived