The superior Skyline

What city has Americas most superior skyline?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. What city has Americas most superior skyline?

• Chicago
    • New York City
    • Los Angeles

LA shouldn't even be a choice. You should replace that with DUVAL (in ten years). I voted for Chi-town, because it has an amazing skyline.

LA shouldn't even be a choice. You should replace that with DUVAL (in ten years). I voted for Chi-town, because it has an amazing skyline.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll list buildings over 250m in height or at least 60 floors.

source Emporis

New York

City Spire Center - 248m - 75 flrs.

GE Building - 259m - 69 flrs.

Trump World Tower - 262m - 72 flrs.

Citigroup Center - 279m - 59 flrs.

The Trump Building - 283m - 70 flrs.

American International - 290m - 66 flrs.

Chrysler Building - 319m - 77 flrs.

Empire State Building - 381m - 102 flrs.

Total Height = 2,321m

Total Flrs. = 590

Chicago

Park Tower - 257m - 67 flrs.

Chase Tower - 259m - 60 flrs.

Water Tower Place - 262m - 74 flrs.

900 North Michigan - 265m - 66 flrs.

311 South Wacker Drive - 293m - 65 flrs.

Two Pudential Plaza - 303m - 64 flrs.

AT&T Corporate Center - 317m - 60 Flrs.

John Hancock Center - 344m - 100 flrs.

Aon Center - 346m - 83 flrs.

Sears Tower - 442m - 108 flrs.

Total Height = 3,088m

Total Flrs. = 747

* Didn't include WTC.

Miami has a cool skyline...But lets just hop it will even be there in 5 years will all the cuban immagrants sneaking into the city. thats one of the reasons Miami is a dangerous threat for Terrorism

New York hands down.

Manhatten is a 23 sq mile island of building and highrises.

I think Houston could surpass L.A.

And I agree, in about 5 years or so, Miami will be up there in the top 5

Louisville, Kentucky and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania both have gorgeous riverfront skylines.

Louisville: http://web.wave3.com/coppermine/albums/use...e%20600-450.jpg

Pittsburgh: http://www.gocarlo.com/lagalerie/images/pi...skyline-512.jpg

Jacksonville, Florida also has a cool skyline..even though it doen't have that many high-rises.

http://www.holmesorg.com/Images/skyline.jpg

Miami has a cool skyline...But lets just hop it will even be there in 5 years will all the cuban immagrants sneaking into the city. thats one of the reasons Miami is a dangerous threat for Terrorism

When was the last time those "cuban immagrants" blew up something? (1992?) This is a joke right?

Oh, the Cubans don't have to sneak either. They have the wet foot/dry foot policy on their side.

When was the last time those "cuban immagrants" blew up something? (1992?) This is a joke right?

Oh, the Cubans don't have to sneak either. They have the wet foot/dry foot policy on their side.

Brickell I elect you my official spokeperson. Everytime im about to say something I find out you have already said it. Thank god someone did.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New York to me will always have the most notorius skyline. Minus the towers actually seemed to balance it out for me. At least for the time being. The towers never did much for me in terms of skyline. But I'm still sad they are gone of course.

• 3 weeks later...

Chicago is my favorite skyline, but I had to go with New York on this one. LA shouldn't have been an option in my opinion. There are many cities which have a better skyline imo. Seattle, Houston, Miami, Atlanta, etc could have gone in that place. The library tower really makes its skyline. Without it the skyline would be just bland.

Archived