• Jacksonville
    • Orlando
    • Tampa
    • Miami
    • Other

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually my home city is Nashville, I do business monthly in Jacksonville... I happen to think Jacksonville has a really great skyline at night, what with all of the neon on various buildings and lit up bridges all on the river... it's a great stroll along the southbank riverwalk from my hotel. Tampa has a great skyline, but lacks the "glitter" that Miami and Jacksonville have at night with the lit up scene... Orlando is all around lacking, for now.. but will soon surpass... all just my unbiased opinion though.

It appears that the night time skylines that are near or on the water have the best night appearance. So, Miami and Jacksonville would probably be the frontrunners. Tampa would be third on my list. The Hillsborough River does not afford Tampa the gratuity that it should have because the River is so small and mostly insignificant, not providing that mirror image of a night skyline that propels the view to the forefront.

FLORIDA SKYRISE ORDER

Obviously Miami is #1, other cities skyline is at least 3 times smaller than Miami.  However, all Miami, Tampa and Jacksonville downtown are dead at nite.

1. Miami

2. Tampa (more compact)

3. Jacksonville

4. Orlando.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, but Orlando is also the only one on this list that doesn't have any form of public rail transit serving the downtown core. Anyway, my list would be just about the same.

1. Miami (hands down winner)

2-T. Tampa (taller compact skyline over Jax)

2-T. Jacksonville (bridges add greatly to skyline)

4. Orlando (needs more height & density)

True, but Orlando is also the only one on this list that doesn't have any form of public rail transit serving the downtown core.  Anyway, my list would be just about the same.

1. Miami (hands down winner)

2-T. Tampa (taller compact skyline over Jax)

2-T. Jacksonville (bridges add greatly to skyline)

4. Orlando (needs more height & density)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Miami is really the only city in FL with rail that is able to support it effectively anyway. I am, of course, all for lightrail and mass transit options, but to build it just to have it would ultimately doom a system down the road. The commuter option is def. a smart start for Orlando, and I'm quite confident that it will spur future development of the proposed lightrail.

Miami is really the only city in FL with rail that is able to support it effectively anyway.  I am, of course, all for lightrail and mass transit options, but to build it just to have it would ultimately doom a system down the road.  The commuter option is def. a smart start for Orlando, and I'm quite confident that it will spur future development of  the proposed lightrail.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After riding light rail in Dallas, this past week and the construction of a light rail system in Charlotte, I disagree with the notion that rail won't work in Florida's other large cities, especially Orlando, with all the tourist, attractions and all. Nevertheless, commuter rail should be established in these cities (in addition to light or heavy rail) and its good that Orlando is taking a lead role. Hopefully, its success will change some of our SUV loving citizens minds about mass transit.

Wow...Orlando is currently ahead of Jax & Tampa! Not necessarily a good or bad thing, but just suprised me considering there are usually a lot of Jax boosters in the FLA florum.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think this could be because many Jax boosters will easily admit that Miami has the best skyline in Florida, by far.

Archived