Best surrounding town outside of Mecklenburg

What's your favorite surrounding Mecklenburg?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite surrounding Mecklenburg?

• Concord
    • Harrisburg
    • Mooresville
    • Lincolnton
    • Gastonia
    • Fort Mill/Tega Cay
    • Monroe
    • Midland/Fairview/Stanly County

None of those places are appealing to me. When I escape town my favorite place to go is Stanley, Idaho. It is right on the Snake River in the Grand Tetons.

Man you sure took a jump from Charlotte.

I agree, the Snake River and the Grand Tetons are just beautful. Took a rafting trip down the Snake River.

It would be nice if it was just a 2hr. drive away.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this source for tax rates in the Charlotte area:

http://www.realestate-charlotte.com/Proper...age_208967.html

I live in Michigan now, and I can tell you that almost every one of my neighbors in our sub (and I don't live in an affluent area) have A/C. June through mid-September humidity is pretty wretched here (I think our humidity is higher than yours due to the proximity of Lake Michigan). I just assumed that NY and Boston were the same. Maybe not. And you can't find a car (newer than 10 years) that doesn't come standard with air here either.

I can promise you, after spending the last 3 summers in michigan, the humidity is nowhere as bad as north carolina.

Archived