James Robertson Apartment News

doormanpoet

Monday night a drunk guy from the apartments was running naked up and down 7th avenue! 4 police cars showed up to arrest him.

I also have BIG James Robertson Apartment News, but I gave it to William at the Nashville City Paper. I mean BIG news. Craig Boerner may do the story for next weeks paper. IF HE DOES NOT REPORT THE STORY, I'LL PUT IT ON HERE. But since I called William about it, they can have the scoop. I'll give them a week or so and then I will tell you all about it.

I also gave them some news about the blasting for the Suntrust Plaza. Watch the Nashville City Paper next week for those two stories!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last time I ran anywhere naked, nobody showed up to arrest me. I feel a bit slighted. That was the 70s, I guess it was not very earthshattering. Blame Ray Stevens, huh Ethel?

Hmmm, Jas. Robertson, poet? Only seemed a matter of time until some news came from that little piece of deco history. I anxiously await the news. It's getting to where a respectable rat won't have a place left to hang his tail around here.

Re: The blasting. Don't tell me they've cracked the Ryman. Does this have anything to do with Perry/Janet March? The timing would be right on target, but nah, surely not.

Anybody else planning on going to the meetings on the Sig Tower and Ballpark area?

The last time I ran anywhere naked, nobody showed up to arrest me. I feel a bit slighted. That was the 70s, I guess it was not very earthshattering. Blame Ray Stevens, huh Ethel?

Hmmm, Jas. Robertson, poet? Only seemed a matter of time until some news came from that little piece of deco history. I anxiously await the news. It's getting to where a respectable rat won't have a place left to hang his tail around here.

Re: The blasting. Don't tell me they've cracked the Ryman. Does this have anything to do with Perry/Janet March? The timing would be right on target, but nah, surely not.

Anybody else planning on going to the meetings on the Sig Tower and Ballpark area?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have it scheduled that gives me odds of 50/50 (I will look you up if I attend)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh, haha, Yeah but it was considered fashionable to do so in those less uptight days. :lol:

I did some streaking myself during the summertime at summer camp. Imagine 100's of naked teen boys running around Camp Marymount in the 1970's! We were all 13 to 17 and raised by fundamentalist Catholics. I guess this was our defiance! No wonder the camp was run by Catholic priests! Sorry, bad joke... The 13-17 year old girls did it too during their 3 weeks at camp, too bad I missed that!

Thank goodness there were no digital cameras then. We'd all be sunk.

I drove past the SunTrust site while ago and noticed some enormous boulders. It's always interesting during any excavation to see that the limestone base this town sits starts only a few feet down...and just goes forever. It sure makes highway building a pain in the butt, too.

It has to be in better shape than the King Edward Hotel in Jackson Mississippi, which is be looked at to be redeveloped and saved after nearly 40 years of neglect. They are talking about ripping out all the floors and rebuilding the inside.........alas would anyone go to such strides in Nashville for the James Robertson....that would be an important question I suppose.

Unfortunately, the building may be beyond saving because of the rats, roaches, original plumbing, cats urinating everywhere because a lot of the old women have multiple cats, etc... :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think that sort of thing precludes saving the building.

Every structure I knew of in New Orleans--including my own house lol--had rats, roaches, original plumbing, and cats pissing depending on how often we changed the litter. :lol:

Since my New Orleans house was built in 1855, "original plumbing" meant a cistern and well in the back yard, together with chamber pots. Updated plumbing was the 1910 stuff with potable drinking water and an enclosed privy. lol

I wouldn't let the real estate folks use too many excuses to tear the James Robertson down.

Archived