Main Street/CBD Developments

mainstreeter

me either, but I dug this up. Looks like a great catch for the metro.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_...17/ai_n16126047

"Collexis, the world leader in knowledge retrieval technology, today announced the location of its North American corporate headquarters in Columbia, South Carolina. The company was founded in 1999 and has global headquarters in Geldermalsen, The Netherlands."

Now that is quite an article!! And they are now here, on Main Street, doing their thing.

How much longer? How much longer will it take for Main St area to catch on?

The Nick is suppose to be opening next to Louries (Old Fox)

Sherlock Holmes Pub opening again

Bethel AME Church being converted to performing arts center

Argyle Social Club

New Botique Hotel - Sheraton

New Condos and Apt.

New Gourmet Deli Coming

Completion of streetscape this year.

Is this FINALLY the year for Main? HOPE SO

I actually had a conversation with a guy at Capitol Places and you could tell that he is frustrated on how quick Main St has progressed. He did not blame or say anything bad about the city, but I got the feeling he was dissapointed on how Main St has been neglected by the city on safety issues (lights) and ecomonic development.

Edited by mainstreeter

How much longer? How much longer will it take for Main St area to catch on?

The Nick is suppose to be opening next to Louries (Old Fox)

Sherlock Holmes Pub opening again

Bethel AME Church being converted to performing arts center

Argyle Social Club

New Botique Hotel - Sheraton

New Condos and Apt.

New Gourmet Deli Coming

Completion of streetscape this year.

Is this FINALLY the year for Main? HOPE SO

I actually had a conversation with a guy at Capitol Places and you could tell that he is frustrated on how quick Main St has progressed. He did not blame or say anything bad about the city, but I got the feeling he was dissapointed on how Main St has been neglected by the city on safety and ecomonic development.

What do you mean by, "safety?"

Looks as if a photo studio is coming to one of the shopfronts in the 1520 Main building, according to the CBJ (as reported in The State). Great news. I hope to hear of more shopfronts landing tenants, especially those that will help generate pedestrian traffic after 5pm.

I think it's already open. I know one of the guys opening this up... super nice dude! I think he does great work, too.

• 2 months later...

Anyone know if the Sheraton being housed in the Palmetto building is still on track to open within a few months?

No I asked a constuction worker the back in March when they had the crane up blocking washington street, they are now aiming for Dec to possibly early 2008, :cry: the building is in far worst shape than they thought, and trying to keep up with codes for a historic building are wearing on them.