Main Street/CBD Developments

mainstreeter

I can see the fountain area right outside my office window. Yesterday there was a lot of acitivity going on there, but today there's NO ONE there. They do have it boarded off...but once they get started, I can't imagine why you'd take a day off already.

Ok, I take it back...there is actually some REAL construction equipment down there now. Yesterday it was just a few jackhammers. So I applogize for thinking they were lazy. :)

The Free Times has an article in this week's edition about phase two of the streetscape project. It appears as though it has been pushed back once again to early September, with pre-construction beginning late August.

Also, I didn't know the project will only cover the two blocks from Hampton to Blanding. I would have thought it would have at least went up to Richland.

The Free Times has an article in this week's edition about phase two of the streetscape project. It appears as though it has been pushed back once again to early September, with pre-construction beginning late August.

Also, I didn't know the project will only cover the two blocks from Hampton to Blanding. I would have thought it would have at least went up to Richland.

I had heard that they were going to do only one block at a time. Eventually it will go to Elmwood, but phase 2 is supposed to be to Laurel. I guess they have to do it according to when funds become available to expend.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been to the Main Street Market a couple times this year and it is a lot better than previous years. They must have had like 40+ vendors. For those of you who don't know, it is held on Fridays in the spring and fall from I believe 10am to 2pm (something like that). I talked to some lady who lives in the condos across the street and she said Main St. gets better every day. I just hope it keeps going!

I'm not familiar with the Main Street Market, what is it all about?

Seasonal downtown open-air market features homemade breads & pastries, flowers, fine art, handmade soaps & candles, gift baskets, handmade jewelry & pocket books, arts & crafts, and free entertainment. Free admission! Main Street Marketplace is held on Boyd Plaza in front of the Columbia Museum of Art. (Corner of Hampton & Main). It is every Friday in May-June and September-October. Description compliments of City Center Partnerships website.

Edited by colajnp

I hope someone keeps us updated with the progress of the water sculpture going up at Boyd Plaza. ;)

Well, I can see it out of my 11th floor office on the opposite corner...so I'll be glad to. :) So far all they've done is prepare the site. It's just a dirt area with boards around it. I'll bring my digital camera to work next week and take some pics as the construction progresses.

Seasonal downtown open-air market features homemade breads & pastries, flowers, fine art, handmade soaps & candles, gift baskets, handmade jewelry & pocket books, arts & crafts, and free entertainment. Free admission! Main Street Marketplace is held on Boyd Plaza in front of the Columbia Museum of Art. (Corner of Hampton & Main). It is every Friday in May-June and September-October. Description compliments of City Center Partnerships website.

Here is a link:

City Center Partnership

• 2 weeks later...