Main Street/CBD Developments

mainstreeter

It's daringly different, interesting, and pretty in its own right IMO.  The renderings are going before the design board this month.  The first rendering doesn't reveal the prominence of the colored squares for some reason.  There's too much contrast between the dark and light horizontal aspects in that one.  

Edited by CorgiMatt

I figured they might.  I'm sure they'll work together to dress it up and take away the drab appearance, although sometimes, depending on the way the sun hits it or the time of day etc., it looks okay as it is.  I look forward to any changes, though.

Edited by CorgiMatt

So you have to go across the street to access all of the "amenities" for The Hub? Is there a hamster tube or something across Sumter St to access the parking deck?

The parking deck is adjacent to and on the same side of Sumter Street as the building.  There is a pedestrian tube on the interior of the block that runs from the building to the parking garage.

• 1 month later...

I had breakfast at Roll Call this morning.  I'm a pancake connoisseur and all I can say is OMG!  I can't afford to go back again until my birthday, but OMG!  They're open for breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday only and are targeting the business crowd.  OMG!     

Edited by CorgiMatt

This building is very beautiful. What was planning on moving in here? 

On the first floor there are three spaces, the farthest one to the right will be a restaurant with an adjacent outdoor plaza and other two will be office space for anyone to rent. The entire second floor of the building will be the Wealth Management HQ for First Citizens bank

Edited by lucjanrc

On the first floor there are three spaces, the farthest one to the right will be a restaurant with an adjacent outdoor plaza and other two will be office space for anyone to rent. The entire second floor of the building will be the Wealth Management HQ for First Citizens bank

Any word on what the restaurant will be?  I hope it's local.

• 2 weeks later...

Since Columbia is named after Christopher Columbus...

Columbia wasn't named after Columbus, but rather Columbia: the female personification of our country whose use in popular culture has fallen out of disuse. Yes, of course Columbia is derived from Columbus, but Columbia refers to someone else. 

The word Columbia was once used a lot in literary works as the feminine personification of liberty.  Since thoughts of liberty and Christopher Columbus's sailing the ocean blue in fourteen hundred and ninety-two are sort of caught up in the same vein, it could be that "Columbia" is also a derivative of the name Columbus, but I don't feel like researching that.  And I don't feel like looking back to see how we went from main street developments to Columbia's name. 

Edited by CorgiMatt
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...