Moving to St. Paul

nickmgray

Right now I live in Elliot Park neighborhood and have been looking forward to all the new projects going up. Sad news is, I'm going to be moving over to St. Paul next year and was wondering what were a few good projects to look into over there. I'm looking on spending $180-225. Maybe two bedrooms or one and a den. I'd be greatful for any help.

• 8 months later...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now I live in Elliot Park neighborhood and have been looking forward to all the new projects going up. Sad news is, I'm going to be moving over to St. Paul next year and was wondering what were a few good projects to look into over there. I'm looking on spending $180-225. Maybe two bedrooms or one and a den. I'd be greatful for any help.

Sadly in a government town like St Paul with its stagnent condo market you are going to be hard pressed to find anything good however look at Printers Row and the Rossmor buildings for some good units.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Nick,

Check out my downtown condo directory. I think for the price range you are looking for, you should be able to find a great looking place. Downtown has more to offer than just the Rossmor building and Printers Row!

deleted. please read the rules

-Bud

I'd vote for Lowertown as well.

These are the things I'd look for in a Downtown St Paul condo:

1. Building attached to District Heating and District Chilling for nearly-free heat and cooling

2. All walls concrete, so you don't hear all your neighbors

3. Lowertown, so you're near the Farmer's Market and far from the skyway nest of the Central Business District. If you're big into jazz and could see yourself going to the Artist's Quarter frequently, or the library, also take a look at the Rice Park area.

I just moved to Downtown St Paul from the Elliot Park area, so I can relate.

Archived