Atlanta, capital of hip hop

GA native_CFT

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I hate that Ludacris video, Georgia!! I'm glad that he represents our state and our city, but in the video he makes Georgia look like one big ghetto. I guess that's the Georgia he sees though.

My biggest problem with that video is that the title of the song is "Georgia," but practically ALL of the shots are in Atlanta. Georgia is much more than just its state capital.

Atlanta is the capital of southern hip-hop, with Houston and Memphis coming in at a close 2nd. On the crunk issue, Memphis owns the crunk genre, Atlanta just ran with it. Lil Jon even admitted his influences for crunk music came from Memphis. Memphis has been doing crunk music since the 80s. It's the same with Chopped & Screwed, folk say Houston started it but Memphis started that one as well, C&S has been done for the same length of time as crunk.

Archived