Louisiana City Skylines

NCB

Definitely not. Looks like the photographer was part of that flight formation. That is a real photograph of F-16s flying over Houston.

Yep, it most certainly is. And you would never be able to paste two F-16's that perfectly, especially in a photo like that. The photographer was definately part of the flight formation. Maybe it was a practice run for the flyover of the Superbowl in Houston a few years, as that image is a few years old.

Yep, it most certainly is. And you would never be able to paste two F-16's that perfectly, especially in a photo like that. The photographer was definately part of the flight formation. Maybe it was a practice run for the flyover of the Superbowl in Houston a few years, as that image is a few years old.

I Googled that photo and found one little piece of info that had it tagged something like 'Houston 9-11-01.' Perhaps that was taken as F-16s were scrambled over Houston's airspace on 9-11-01.

Either way, it's awesome.

Definitely not. Looks like the photographer was part of that flight formation. That is a real photograph of F-16s flying over Houston.

I know this a geniune picture, I'm just saying that they seem out of place :dontknow: ? Sorry I guess I just don't appreiciate the significance of fighter planes.

And if you don't think this is an amazingly awesome photo of downtown Houston, you need to; 1) stop it, and 2) get out of here. ;)

I'm sorry guys, don't condem me! :o

Yep that's about as urban as it gets!!!!!

Heck yes!! And to think, before there was a city, somewhere in the sprawling urban mega city of Chicago, is the site that once housed the one lone farm that occupied that portion of Illinois along Lake Michigan.

That's right, one small farm. Now, one ultra-super metropolis!!

Here are some awesome aerials of downtown New Orleans and the French Quarter I found on the internet. All of these photos are courtesy of Philip Greenspun, and more can be seen here.

Downtown

22.3.jpg

24.3.jpg

28.3.jpg

30.3.jpg

French Quarter

You can see my old house in this one! :D

21.3.jpg

17.3.jpg

20.3.jpg

Those look great. One thing I'd have to say though is that aerial tend to make it seem like the street layout of a city's downtown is smaller than it actually is.

Like in this picture you can see how big it actually is...

22.3.jpg

but it this picture it seems like the tall buildings are the only ones and it kind of makes you think that the street only goes around these buildings, which isn't a lot of street.

24.3.jpg

^Well, IMO, that shows you alot about a city's density. With those aerials of New Orleans, you can't even see the streets because there are so many low, mid, and high-rise buildings. And as a huge sucker for density, I love that. But with a city that isn't very dense, you are usually able to see all of the streets, because there are many more street-level parking lots and unused land than than buildings.

^Well, IMO, that shows you alot about a city's density. With those aerials of New Orleans, you can't even see the streets because there are so many low, mid, and high-rise buildings. And as a huge sucker for density, I love that. But with a city that isn't very dense, you are usually able to see all of the streets, because there are many more street-level parking lots and unused land than than buildings.

I not saying it's good to see the streets, I'm just saying pictures like that are tricky. It's hard to explain. Or maybe it's just me? Where are those pills my psychoitrist gave? :wacko:

Archived