Louisiana City Skylines

NCB

What do yall think of this crazy design?? They claim "none like it in the world". Reality or pipe-dream for downtown BR?? :rolleyes: The sculpture would only stand 160"ft. and about 14 stories, but I guess I could learn to like it.

untitledgq5jp3.png

I think it would look good in New York, but will definitely be out of the norm for Baton Rouge. That said, I once wanted to be an architect but after seeing some of the crazy things they do, I'm glad I gave up on that dream.

I just don't think that would mix well in Baton Rouge, Shreveport, or even New Orleans. Perhaps it will be built and look great, and I'll be proven wrong. I can only hope I'm wrong and that it looks good.

But still, it's only 14 floors... not 60+. If it were THAT tall I definitely wouldn't like it.

What do yall think of this crazy design?? They claim "none like it in the world". Reality or pipe-dream for downtown BR?? :rolleyes: The sculpture would only stand 160"ft. and about 14 stories, but I guess I could learn to like it.

untitledgq5jp3.png

I would say you should hope it is a pipe-dream. That is not even close to being as ugly as the Louisville project, but is still ugly. I think I know where the inspiration came from. Tilt your head to the left and it looks like a lower case b, as in Baton Rouge. Sometimes art should stay just that, art.

untitledgq5jp3.png

I think it's neat looking. In order to get more architecture like this drawn to Baton Rouge, somebody's got to start somewhere.

untitledgq5jp3.png

Is it just me, or do the floors inside look like they're tilted? :blink:

I like Nashvile the best. I just think that they should have moved the Bellsouth building more to the center.

^Come on now, the floors can't possibly be tilted, they just look tilted from that angle. :rolleyes:

And man, you people can get feisty, I don't think the Louisville building looks that bad.

Yea to be honest, I'm not exactly a fan of that project in Baton Rouge either. From what I've been hearing and reading it seems like the whole thing is leaning towards "pipe dream" anyway. But I just think there is a better way to create something that will "reinvent" downtown Baton Rouge. Probably a much better way. :dontknow:

How would a Mountain-West Match-up be??

Maybe.... Boise vs. Tucson??? or

Albuquerque vs. Salt Lake City??

What do yall think??

My in-laws live in Albuquerque and trust me, they do not have a skyline. It is sad considering the amout of people there. IMO Shreveport has a better skyline. I haven't seen Boise, but I imagine Tucson vs. Salt Lake City would be good.

I checked up on Albuquerque's buildings and their tallest building is 351 feet and only one other over 250 feet, not very good for a metro area of almost 800,000. They have booming business though. They have an Intel semiconductor factory and are building some sort of spaceport (like an airport but for launching space shuttles).

Cities in the vast mountain-west just don't seem to feel the need to go vertical. Pheonix and San Antonio are larger cities with skylines not all that impressive too. I was just thinking of something different; maybe some close match-up's :dontknow:

Unless Nate has some more he's ready to post??

^How about Boise and Albuquerque
I'll get on that ASAP Dan, maybe a little earlier in the day. :lol:

They have booming business though. They have an Intel semiconductor factory and are building some sort of spaceport (like an airport but for launching space shuttles).

That sounds really cool; a nice location for that type of activity :thumbsup:

It wasn't as close as I wanted, but I guess it will do. Also, just go by the pictures and not the knowledge of any other skylines in the area. :)

Jersey City

City population- 239,079

Metropolitan area- 21,975,989

Tallest building: 30 Hudson Street - 781 ft

Number of buildings above 800 feet: 0

Number of buildings above 500 feet: 3

Number of buildings above 300 feet: 11

j1ma0.png

j2py7.png

j3oc4.png

Yokohama

City population- 3,573,588

Mertopolitan area- 33,708,200

Tallest building: Yokohama Landmark Tower - 972 ft

Number of buildings above 800 feet: 1

Number of buildings above 500 feet: 3

Number of buildings above 300 feet:39

y2ou3.png

y1fi1.png

y3bo0.png

And here is a little something extra I thought was pretty cool. :thumbsup:

untitledvf8.png

How in the world did you come-up with this match-up? Very interesting.

Yokohama wins it for me. Those are some nice pics. I really like the evening photo with the ferris wheel all lit-up. Jersey City has some nice newer buildings in there skyline;esp. the Hudson Street Building. But Yokohama just looks bigger.

The Tapei Tower is really impressive. The spire helped them surpass Sears Tower. That's a pretty orange-sky too.

The tallest building in Jersey City looks awesome, but Yokahama wins by a landslide. Instead of having one cool building they have five or six plus a ferris wheel!!! The buildings on the left and right are very unique, but I love how the three in the middle have a step effect. Yokahama has a very cool skyline!

That's one of the best skyline photos of New Orleans I've seen. :)

If you think the B.R. and Louisville buildings look crazy, check this out. :sick:

untitled28xa.png

Also here is a really neat project in Sacramento called "The Towers on Capitol Mall". I think they are currently laying the foundation for the first tower.

untitled9zm.png

untitled16rx.png

These cities are alike in that they are both relatively new "big" cities.

Charlotte

City population- 610,949

Mertopolitan area- 1,594,799

Tallest building: Bank of America Corporate Center- 871 ft

Number of buildings above 800 feet: 1

Number of buildings above 500 feet: 4

Number of buildings above 300 feet:16

c3fk9.png

c1eo0.png

c2wl0.png

Perth

City population- 1,477,800