Louisiana City Skylines

NCB

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for throwing all this at ya'll, but Europe is into some pretty cool stuff.

Paris 980

93592976wb2.png

Kiev Over 500

43203806io3.pnguntitledvs0.png

St. Petersburg has some freaking stuff going on Over 41 stories

33315185je0.png96145787ss7.png48560962ah2.png25516636pt5.png

Frankfurt Over 680

44669229nr9.png10oy6.png55229569fg5.png

Athens (vision) Tallest 650

34124439vf0.png

Stockholm and Lisbon have proposals at 650+ but no pictures

How would a Mountain-West Match-up be??

Maybe.... Boise vs. Tucson??? or

Albuquerque vs. Salt Lake City??

What do yall think??

^How about Boise and Albuquerque? :)

Albuquerque, its just there. The tallest building isn't really tall at all, last time I was there it was a Hyatt hotel. The mountains are away from the city.

Boise, its just there too. Nothing amazing in this town, not even the capital building. This place is too brown.

Tucson, it's just there too! The sunshine is nice, but to me its nothing there to make me grinn.

Salt Lake City. This is the winner. I was too amazed at how close the mountains were to the city. The capital sits at the bottom of a mountain. I love this town inside and out!

*totally my opinion

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gone for a few days and this thread goes down the drain. :lol:

Boston

City population- 596,638

Metro population- 5,804,816

Tallest building: John Hancock Tower- 790 ft

Number of buildings above 700 feet: 2

Number of buildings above 500 feet: 16

b1tx0.png

b3jb9.png

Tallest proposed building:Winthrop Square Tower- 1000+ ft

b2nr0.png

Paris

City population- 2,153,600

Metro population- 11,174,743

Tallest building: Tour Montparnasse- 689 ft

Couldn't do this part because Paris' skyline is located in several different cities

p1xf6.png

p3lg6.png

Tallest proposed building:Tour Signal- 984 ft

p2ok6.png

Several different CITIES make up Paris' skyline? That's wild.

Yes, and quite interesting. Apart from the Eiffel Tower, there is really only one major high-rise building in Paris; the 689 foot Tour Montparnasse. It was completed back in the 70's and sticks out like a major sore thumb amongst Paris' historic low and mid-rise buildings. Pretty much everyone hates it, and since then, nothing really major in height has been constructed in Paris. All of the modern office towers are officially located in Paris' satelite cities: Courbevoie, Puteaux, and Nanterre. The buildings in these cities make up the "La Defense" skyline.

And that was Nate's random knowledge of the day. ;)

Wow Dan! That's a really tough choice. I guess I would have to visit BOTH cities in person to really choose. Both are very impressive. Boston looks very dense and a great backdrop with the harbor. Paris really suprised me, I did not realize the skyline was like that! That see-thru structure in the middle looks crazy; wonder what it is ??? Their proposed tallest looks pregnant. :lol:

Edit: Thanks for that tidbit Nate.

Lets get this thread moving again!

I pick Paris in this matchup, simply because I like the buildings better. They have a very similar look to them, but Paris seems much less bland, and I love the transition between the modern skyscrapers and the old low and mid-rise buildings. It reminds me quite a bit of the skyscrapers in New Orleans popping up beyond the French Quarter.

Look at these crazy towers. I think you all know where they came from.

candlerk9.jpg

Also here's a neat looking building in Abu Dhabi

Feature0218_06x.jpg

And yet another tower for Atlanta

07.jpg

You know what Brian, we might have to ban together and get us some skyscrapers.

untitlednn0.png

• 5 weeks later...

anyone here ever seen the original renderings for the Riverfront condos?? They were actually going to be two towers...

No Trel-Ellis I don't have any original renderings, but I'll be on the lookout. Actually the original plan was the 23-story One River Place. Demand was so positive, then they decided on two towers of 27 and 17 stories called Lafayette Heights. Then that was changed to the renderings we all see now; the 36-story River Place. However due to stinkin' hurricane the gulf coast construction/material price$$ got jacked-up thru the roof. River Place had to be scaled down some to 30-stories last time I talked to the developer. It will still be very nice :thumbsup:

^ You know that's one of my favorite skyline shots of the New Orleans Nate. I will have to make another U.S. Skyline ranking; I forgot exactly what was said. But I know currently NOLA would have to Rank in the Top 20!

Archived