River Bank Books & Music - Downtown GR

Prankster

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TY :thumbsup:

I walked by the bookstore today, and it looks like all they need now are BOOKS :D There were a bunch of people there getting set up, many looked like future employees vs. construction guys, and they had the fireplace going. It's looking pretty sweet! I would venture to guess they will be open before their Grand Opening on the 10th.

I stopped into the store briefly today and it looks awesome. Books are already going on the shelves, workers were setting up the cafe area, the finishing touches were being put on carpet, trim etc. It really is a lot larger than I imagined. And it's only one block down from my office. Yes!

I stopped into the store briefly today and it looks awesome. Books are already going on the shelves, workers were setting up the cafe area, the finishing touches were being put on carpet, trim etc. It really is a lot larger than I imagined. And it's only one block down from my office. Yes!

I drove by today too and it does look great! Was it open or did you sneak in :ph34r:

It looks excellent! Looks like it going to have a really good vibe. When does it open? I'm there!

Joe

That picture is terrible, but it gives you an idea. I was disappointed to see a drop ceiling, but maybe that section of Steketees didn't have an ornate ceiling originally. Grand Opening next Saturday, but don't be surprised if it is open before then. ;)

The owner has said that she is looking to possibly add a student bookstore in the basement in the future. This would be another great asset for her if she markets it correctly.

Sounds like the business she will be getting just from the people on this forum is going to be good. Good luck to her.

The owner has said that she is looking to possibly add a student bookstore in the basement in the future. This would be another great asset for her if she markets it correctly.

Sounds like the business she will be getting just from the people on this forum is going to be good. Good luck to her.

I went in today and it is not open yet, but they have lots of books on the racks; they are still stocking up and getting ready. the lady politely told me to get the f out by saying "we open saturday". i like the looks of it, though. Will be an excellent addition to DT :yahoo:

I went in today and it is not open yet, but they have lots of books on the racks; they are still stocking up and getting ready. the lady politely told me to get the f out by saying "we open saturday". i like the looks of it, though. Will be an excellent addition to DT :yahoo:

You should have told her that you were getting in line to wait for the opening Saturday. :thumbsup:

I was thrilled to stumble across it yesterday out on a lunch-break walk. You could tell they were scrambling to get everything in order for Saturday, but the staff was still very helpful. I know everything wasn't set yet, but one of my initial impressions was that there wasn't much room to sit down like at Schuler's. Hopefully, that will change. There also was a nice elevated state area, and their fliers said that they'd be doing lots of live music/open mics there.

Obviously, it doesn't have the selection of the big guys, but since they're catering to the professional, disposable-income downtown crowd, I'm sure they'll be fine. Great addition to downtown!!

Just got back from River Bank. It is so awesome! Great selection, GREAT PRICES. I was expecting premium prices since it is a downtown store. But now I feel like I didnt buy enough!

There was also good sized crowd when I was there and people were buying, which is a VERY good sign. They are open till 9:00 so I may just walk down and buy some Christmas gifts. Branes and Schulers are in for a run for our money. :yahoo:

Just got back from River Bank. It is so awesome! Great selection, GREAT PRICES. I was expecting premium prices since it is a downtown store. But now I feel like I didnt buy enough!

There was also good sized crowd when I was there and people were buying, which is a VERY good sign. They are open till 9:00 so I may just walk down and buy some Christmas gifts. Branes and Schulers are in for a run for our money. :yahoo:

Thanks for the update Urbanist! I went by this morning and it looked pretty crowded, but I didn't have time to get in. I'll have to try and get in there tomorrow or Monday (yes, they're open on Sunday 10-5 :yahoo: )

Archived