• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I find Ben Rudolph to be a bit rude and

boorish in his behavior - he's the guy blocking

foot traffic standing in the middle of a sidewalk

on North Monroe during this summers art

festival speaking VERY loudly, drawing attention

to himself with his cell phone glued to his ear.

We, and several others, had to part like the

Red Sea around him and YES, he was very aware

of that - phew! - I do, however, agree with much

of what he says in this article and the powers

that be would do well to take notice and get

on it.

as people continue to concentrate on what downtown has been - rather than what it is becoming - the process will be that much slower!

Very good philisophy. The only thing to keep in mind is not to repeat the mistakes of the past, i.e. - City Center, Mackie's World, Vandenberg Center, Monroe Center pedestrian mall. There is a lot of positive momentum happening downtown right now, being supportive is imperative. But also keeping an eye on new developments to make sure they don't detract from that momentum, i.e. - tearing down a building to put up a parking lot, is also key. Can't wait until others step up and you have a few more retail neighbors to help increase the synergy that your bookstore brings in. :thumbsup:

Interesting...he states that there is a grocery store planned for downtown - has anyone heard about this and if true, does anyone have any details? :dontknow:

I am guessing that he is referring to the Central Market just opened on Monroe Center.

Archived