Knox White for Governor?

gs3

Should Greenville Mayor Knox White run for Governor of SC  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should Greenville Mayor Knox White run for Governor of SC

• Yes
    • No

Seems we all agree that Knox White has done an incredible job guiding Greenville to unprecedented growth. He took the groundwork that Max Heller started and ran with it! Thanks to these two men, we have the incredible, livable Greenville we all know and love. So, should Knox White run for Governor of SC? While I would be selfish and love for him to remain mayor of GV indefinitely, imagine what he could do for the state as a whole! Your thoughts?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems we all agree that Knox White has done an incredible job guiding Greenville to unprecedented growth.  He took the groundwork that Max Heller started and ran with it!  Thanks to these two men, we have the incredible, livable Greenville we all know and love.  So, should Knox White run for Governor of SC?  While I would be selfish and love for him to remain mayor of GV indefinitely, imagine what he could do for the state as a whole!  Your thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

White has been incredible. With what he has done for Greenville, I can only imagine what he would do for this state.

I will be a selfish one. <raises hand>

Perhaps this is the wrong view, but I care more about Greenville than the rest of SC. I only "pull for" SC because Greenville is in it. I hope Knox White stays in Greenville for quite some time, but if he chooses to pursue the office of governor I am confident that he would do well. :)

I'm with Greenville's post above. I will only vote for him to run for Governor if he is a; beaten in the Mayoral race by an unknown opponent, or b; if he retires from his duties as Mayor. As for wishing him to do so now, I'd have to firmly say ABSOLUTELY NO! Greenville can ill afford such a great loss at this stage of its development. :)

I voted yes, with the understanding that he doesn't run in '06.

If you haven't read the article in Sunday's The State about Bob Royall running for Governor in the GOP primary against Sanford, I suggest you do so. This guy can raise some money, and just the fact that he is being pushed to run is significant IMO. The Businessmen of this state runs things, and if they turn against Sanford in big numbers, watch out!

If I were Sanford, I would drop his education agenda and seek to restructure state government. The businessmen would support that more, and he could have the greatest impact that way.

If I were Sanford, I would drop his education agenda and seek to restructure state government.  The businessmen would support that more, and he could have the greatest impact that way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean Sanford actually has an substantive education agenda?!?!? :whistling:

The way to attract more corporations to locate to South Carolina is to have one of the best educated and trained work forces in the country, if not the world. In my view, a proper focus on education is the best place to start. :thumbsup:

He's (Sanford) not got long to make anything happen. I don't see the Upstate throwing anywhere near the same amount of support his way after he turned a cold shoulder to us. It will be very interesting to see what kind of campaign stategy he'll come up with to try and heal the wounds he's caused here. <_<

He's (Sanford) not got long to make anything happen.  I don't see the Upstate throwing anywhere near the same amount of support his way after he turned a cold shoulder to us.  It will be very interesting to see what kind of campaign stategy he'll come up with to try and heal the wounds he's caused here. <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure what you are referring to by cold shoulder. His idea for education vouchers is probably supported here more than anywhere else in the state. While the turnout for Sanford might be lower than last time, unlike the Low Country, the upstate will always pull the GOP lever.

Lack of interest? I believe he has increased funding for education each budget year. Sanford is the only person in Columbia that I would trust with my money. I like that he stands up for what he believes in. IMO, Sanford's only downfall is our incompetent legistlature.

If Knox ran for anything, I'd vote for him AND campaign heavily for him. I voted yes, but I surely wouldn't want him to leave his position in Greenville. :cry:

I think Sanford has done a good job holding the state in equal position and being frugal. He is strong in what he believes in and does a nice job mocking our lawmakers in Columbia. :rofl: The only think I don't like about his stance would be on vouchers for education.

I also voted yes,but like many of you have already stated I hope he sticks around in Greenville for a while .he has done a incredable job in bringing business and developments to Greenville.My only question is if Knox ran for Governer would the rest of the state back him.

I also voted yes,but like many of you have already stated I hope he sticks around in Greenville for a while .he has done a incredable job in bringing business and developments to Greenville.My only question is if Knox ran for Governer would the rest of the state back him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's tough to say... Being from Greenville those stereotypes come into play, but when you think about, A LOT of our state's greatest leaders were from Greenville...

• 2 months later...

Perhaps this is the wrong view, but I care more about Greenville than the rest of SC. I only "pull for" SC because Greenville is in it.

:o

BLASPHEMY! :P

But seriously, it is understandable that if we truly love the place we're living in, we have more affinity for it than for other places in that state. However, I have to pull for the entire state of South Carolina, not only because I love it, but because in many cases (perhaps the great majority) it is the state which holds back our cities from truly progressing, whether the issues at fault are real, exaggerated, or imagined. I pull for Greenville because I am pulling for the great state of South Carolina. :thumbsup:

Good point, krazeeboi. I certainly see your side of the argument. It's hard for me to know sometimes whether a city depends on a state to grow, or if cities progressing can actually improve the performance of a state. Perhaps both can and do happen, and each one needs the other to derive maximum benefits.

Hopefully our state will continue to progress and our cities will not be held back. :)

Archived