New restaurants

Spartan

I read in the paper and confirmed that Olive Garden and TGI Fridays are indeed looking to build in Sparkle City. It did not specify where, but I suspect it is over by the new movie theater.

Also, the City Range is getting closer to completion :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you guys think not being in the city is holding back these other restaurants from joining the City Range over at Summitt Pointe. Looks like the developer would go aheaed and annex in to take advantage of the Sunday liquor sales.

Also, took my wife to the Hub City Grill downtown. It was on a Friday night and pretty full. thats always a good sign. Great steaks at a reasonable price. The crabcakes were also tasty!

The paper said that he was considering it. I believe he will do it.

I tried the Hub City Grill and I was quite impressed. Its like being in a mch fancier restaurant (mostly becuase it used to be one), but not having to pay the price AND it had great food. You realy can't beat that.

On a separate note, I was dissapointed to learn that Canyon's closed. I had not been there in some time. They had good burgers, and their deck was awsome.

• 2 weeks later...

I read in the paper and confirmed that Olive Garden and TGI Fridays are indeed looking to build in Sparkle City. It did not specify where, but I suspect it is over by the new movie theater.

Also, the City Range is getting closer to completion :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have heard rumors about Carrabba's and Macaroni Grill coming to Spartanburg as well...can anyone confirm this?

Welcome to the forum Sparkledude85!

I've heard the same rumors. No confirmation though. I think it is a reasonable assumtion that we would get a restaurant row setup out by the new movie theater sort of like Pelham Rd in Greenville. Olive Garden, Carrabas, Macaroni, etc. We have confrimed that Olive Garden is interested though :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard rumors that someone wants to tear down that Village hotel and I guess Canyons and Peddler and redevelop that area.  No details though.  if that is the case then I hope the Peddler stays.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard those rumors as well, but it probably will not happen, as the owners have an asking price of 19 million for the Village Inn. Although, the owners may develop it themselves.

The Symposium Cafe is now open in Spartanburg.  It is a beautiful restaurant featuring various coffees, wines etc...  It also offers a ful menu and wonderful desserts.  It is also the only one in SC.  check out more at

www.symposiumcafe.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where is this?

I posted about it myself a few months ago.  It is on highway 29, just west of I-26, across from Shogun Japanese Steakhouse.  Looks like a very classy place to eat! B)  I wish they would have built it in downtown though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. There was a doctor interested in a zoning change to put something like this downtown near Beaumont Mill, but the mill village homeowners fought it and won. I don't know if this is the place or if that was a different developer. Either way, downtown missed a great place. It would be wonderful to go to after a show or something for desserts and coffee. Beautiful interior.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum HubCity. It might get a little confusing, but I like the name. You're talking about the Easton development that took the place of Lan-Yair? it would be great to see something else come over there. have you heard anything else about homes or infrastucture for homes? Right now it just looks grown over.

Indeed, welcome HubCity!

It will be confusing to have two hub city names on the forum. Would you be willing to consider a name change? You won't need to sign up again, it can be changed through the administrative end of things.

I have heard that it may locate there as well, but I suspect that a westside location might be more porffitable due to the higher number of hotels, shopping, and interstates there.

I'm ready to see the Easton project start to take shape. They haven't done anything with it in several months.

I was in Spartanburg a couple of nights ago for business, and stopped to eat at the Fire Mountain Grill in Dorman Centre. That was the first time I'd ever eaten at a Fire Mountain, but it was just like Ryan's, so it didn't feel like a new experience. The food was good and the service was great. It was funny to note that it reminded me of the Greenville Ryan's several years ago, before they became packed every night. I kind of liked that - not too many people waiting in line for food from the buffet, and not the loud sound of a packed house to talk over. Saw some beautiful people there as well. Spartanburg has much to offer the casual visitor. :)

I didn't even think about there being another Hub City. I would be more than happy to change.

From what I have seen, the development is going to be large. Approx 700 houses and condos. I know that they are planning on keeping two of the ponds from the golf course as part of the development. I do not know when they are going to start construction or anything like that yet. I think it is going to be very interesting to see how it all pans out. This could be exactly what the east side needs.

A quick note about Fire Mountain... The one on the west side of town is much better than the one at Hillcrest. Since it is so close to Greer, they train a lot of their people there and use it almost like a test kitchen. The one on the east side needs some help.

Oh, thank you for the kind welcome to the board.

Now, how do I change my name?

I didn't even think about there being another Hub City. I would be more than happy to change.

From what I have seen, the development is going to be large. Approx 700 houses and condos. I know that they are planning on keeping two of the ponds from the golf course as part of the development. I do not know when they are going to start construction or anything like that yet. I think it is going to be very interesting to see how it all pans out. This could be exactly what the east side needs.

A quick note about Fire Mountain... The one on the west side of town is much better than the one at Hillcrest. Since it is so close to Greer, they train a lot of their people there and use it almost like a test kitchen. The one on the east side needs some help.

Oh, thank you for the kind welcome to the board.

Now, how do I change my name?

Let me know what you want it to be, and I will have it changed.

I'm not a huge fan of fire mountain or buffets in general, however, if I am going to eat buffet, that would be my choice. I think its over-priced for the amount of food I can eat (which isn't likely $9 worth). I will say though, that I am rather partial to chinese buffet. New China on E Main. Good stuff. B)

On a related note, I like that Spartanburg seems to have a pretty high number of mexican restaurants. I can never get enough of these.

Hi everyone. I've been reading posts here for about a month, and finally have something worth posting. The new City Range is now open for business! The wife and I went after work today (Friday) and it was delicious! I was prepared for things to be hit-or-miss, since this was their opening night, but I thought the food was just as good as the original in Greenville. If you've been before, you won't be disappointed, and if you haven't been, you owe it to yourself to try it! If you can't tell, I'm a big fan of this place : ). It's a little pricey, but very good food (love the Black and Blue, but it will put you in a food coma!). I hope they do really well and other quality restaurants decide to build around them!

Haven't seen an update in a while... any new information on Olive Garden coming here? And what about a Chili's... I'd love to see one of those here as well!

Thanks to you guys (and gals) who post all of the good information here!

Welcome to UrbanPlanet, westsidemike! :D Great to have you on board!

I really like City Range as well. I think it should do very well in Spartanburg.

The two Chili's in Greenville and one in Anderson are some of my favorite restaurants in the Upstate. Okay, they're not local products, but I've been eating there for well over a decade now, and it's hard to change. ^_^

Archived