Does Greenville have a "Bark Park"?

gs3

With the amount of new residents downtown and the amount of dog lovers in Greenville, does anyone know if Greenville has a "Bark Park"? (A small enclosed park where dogs can be taken off their leash, and run, play and socialize with other dogs). I'm a dog owner and haven't found one. Since we have leash laws in all the major parks, a Bark Park would be a nice addition to the park scene for the city to implement.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the amount of new residents downtown and the amount of dog lovers in Greenville, does anyone know if Greenville has a "Bark Park"?  (A small enclosed park where dogs can be taken off their leash, and run, play and socialize with other dogs).  I'm a dog owner and haven't found one.  Since we have leash laws in all the major parks, a Bark Park would be a nice addition to the park scene for the city to implement.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They should, maybe it will be part of Cleveland Park west. THey had a few of them in Charleston, one on MT. Pleasant even had facilities to teach your dog how to run agility.

I have never heard of such a thing, but it sounds like a great idea. I would support one coming as like an addition to one of our downtown parks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there a way to make suggestions to the Parks department? How would we go about planting the idea with the city?

Archived