Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

linclink

SunTrust Building

Wow...

Don't know how many of you got a chance to read the NCP.... they had a great article on the SunTrust Building.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...s&news_id=43449

I thouth this was particularly awesome:

Once completed, the 340,000-square-foot building with a glass and granite exterior will be unique for downtown with its landscaped plaza and fountain, according to Eakin.

THAT IS AWESOME!!! I think Nashville should require every future developer in downtown to do this! They should all have to provide a plaza of some sort and either a fountain, or public artwork. It may seem like a whole lot of trouble, for not much at all, but it really does add a whole lot of character and personality to a city.

I also really like granite for the "skin" of a building. It always looks great! This is going to be a great addition to your downtown!!!!!

I just went to the eakin partners website, but they have no renderings of the project (with the plaza and fountain). :angry:

So, Doormanpoet, would you happen to have acess to that? Please, pretty please!!!! :):silly:

I would love to see that!!!

Paula

Paula, if you search back through the threads I believe the rendering was was posted. I'm not exactly sure which thread but it was one of the suntrust threads.

This is the only one I've seen. The Plaza area, I believe, is to be between the Ryman and new building, not streetside. It'll provide a nice place for the office workers and those attending events at the Ryman, in addition to just the casual walker/stroller.

SunTrustNew.jpg

William talked to Hastings today in regards to the story about the blasting. It is still 13 stories but they are still negotiating with potential clients to get it to 16. Lets keep our fingers crossed.