my special place~

mrknowitall

my silent investor and i just purchased a warehouse building on the west side of the grand river. we plan on putitng in some REAL lofts. where all you get is a bathroom and a kitchen w/ finished floors. its full of grafitti and everything, rats .they are all staying.

also might do a small nightclub of sorts, something for grown people...sade/james brown/coldplay/ambient music and leather couches, cigar room, one pool table. nice glasses to drink out of. there is no adult happy hour type relax clubs in grand rapids.

its time

30 something

stay tuned

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my silent investor and i just purchased a warehouse building on the west side of the grand river. we plan on putitng in some REAL lofts. where all you get is a bathroom and a kitchen w/ finished floors. its full of grafitti and everything, rats .they are all staying.

also might do a small nightclub of sorts, something for grown people...sade/james brown/coldplay/ambient music and leather couches, cigar room, one pool table. nice glasses to drink out of. there is no adult happy hour type relax clubs in grand rapids.

its time

30 something

stay tuned

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, please tell us it is the "cell tower" building by the highway ;) It sounds pretty cool, especially the rats. We could definitely use a New York style adult lounge around here. BTW, don't mention prices or anything. I'd hate to have us shut down :D

its time

30 something

stay tuned

Who are you and where on the west side?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rats are fine as long as they chip in on the rent. :rofl:

There are a couple of old warehouses along the West bank of the river on Front Street that I didn't notice before (over by GVSU). There's the obvious block/brick cell tower one, but there is also 280 Front which looks abandoned, and another one a little closer to Wealthy (but too close to that jail/detention center whatever it is if you ask me). There were a lot of cars at the cell tower building when I drove by yesterday, and the door was propped open. :whistling:

There are a couple of old warehouses along the West bank of the river on Front Street that I didn't notice before (over by GVSU).  There's the obvious block/brick cell tower one, but there is also 280 Front which looks abandoned, and another one a little closer to Wealthy (but too close to that jail/detention center whatever it is if you ask me).  There were a lot of cars at the cell tower building when I drove by yesterday, and the door was propped open. :whistling:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any photos?

its time

30 something

stay tuned

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The lounge could be called "Rat beotchs" B)

The lounge could be called "Rat beotchs" B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm. Rat beotchs has quite the ring to it. Think the City will allow the use of "beotchs" what with all the churches in the area? Might cause an outcry for people to adopt one of the poor beotchs. But it could be a great marketing tool. Wednesday evenings could be "Adopt a beotch Night." Two for one.

Appetizers probably should include some sort of hard, crispy tidbit (concrete could work) to grind the rodent teeth down or there could be trouble.

And would ferret-faced patrons be allowed? Could scare off all rodents, especially the little bbbbunnies.

Hmmm. Rat beotchs has quite the ring to it. Think the City will allow the use of "beotchs" what with all the churches in the area? Might cause an outcry for people to adopt one of the poor beotchs. But it could be a great marketing tool. Wednesday evenings could be "Adopt a beotch Night." Two for one.

Appetizers probably should include some sort of hard, crispy tidbit (concrete could work) to grind the rodent teeth down or there could be trouble.

And would ferret-faced patrons be allowed? Could scare off all rodents, especially the little bbbbunnies.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think we need a little shake-up around here. They could serve Founders "Dirty beotch" brew there too.

This could be on the menu at Rat beotchs:

jlvn72l.jpg

Okay. I'm going to try to post two photos! I just know you guys are dying to see these.

The one with all the arrows shows the many vents on the rooftop of the you-know-what.

The other photo shows two arrows. The top arrow points to my place. The bottom arrow points to the you-know-what.

Now you know!

Maybe. (If they post.)

post-4420-1124324421_thumb.jpg

post-4420-1124324438_thumb.jpg

post-4420-1124324421_thumb.jpg

post-4420-1124324438_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Budgie, OK, first of all:

What in the world does this have to do with Mrknowitall converting an old warehouse into condos? (or beer)?

Secondly, you really shouldn't drag this group into your legal battle. I'm sure the admin here would not be thrilled to have correspondence on this website spread out onto a courtroom conference table.

Budgie, OK, first of all:

What in the world does this have to do with Mrknowitall converting an old warehouse into condos?  (or beer)?

Secondly, you really shouldn't drag this group into your legal battle.  I'm sure the admin here would not be thrilled to have correspondence on this website spread out onto a courtroom conference table.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay. First, I thought this topic was "My Special Place... Condos." My condo is my special place.

Secondly, I am merely showing photos. Not dragging anyone into my legal battle.

Okay. First, I thought this topic was "My Special Place... Condos." My condo is my special place.

Secondly, I am merely showing photos. Not dragging anyone into my legal battle.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you read post #1, the topic was started by Mrknowitall regarding his own "special place" warehouse conversion that he is working on. I am not saying another word about the other.

Archived