Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, RT! I haven't seen Spring Street without barriers and construction in MANY months! When did they finally complete the sewer upgrade?

They're still working on it ... only it's at the Washington Street end of the Spring Street Garage at the moment.

Saturday, 10-NOV-2007, AM Editon:

1937099920_f997ed7e3e_b.jpg

I don't like that Bounce logo on the side of the building. Something about it just doesn't look right to me. The Michelin Man where he is currently, looks much better, in my opinion, yet the DPC denied Michelin's request without hesitation. Inconsistency... <_<

I have to respectfully disagree, Skyliner. This is one instance where I would have voted the same way if I were on the DPC. No offense to Michelin or Bibendum, I'm all for being eclectic if doen tastefully...but I just don't feel that a very large cartoon-like character protruding from the corner of an area full of neo-retro architecture fits in very well. Granted, I do see a lot of kids on parents' shoulders trying to touch Bibendum and wanting to pose with him for photos, etc., but it just doesn't look right to me. It literally stands out like a sore thumb. If anything, relocate him just inside the window on the corner and stick a camera around his neck and a Michelin travel guide in his hand.

Other than the fact that the Bounce Agency sign crosses over a window, I don't feel it clashes with the architecture in the area.

I have to respectfully disagree, Skyliner. This is one instance where I would have voted the same way if I were on the DPC. No offense to Michelin or Bibendum, I'm all for being eclectic if doen tastefully...but I just don't feel that a very large cartoon-like character protruding from the corner of an area full of neo-retro architecture fits in very well. Granted, I do see a lot of kids on parents' shoulders trying to touch Bibendum and wanting to pose with him for photos, etc., but it just doesn't look right to me. It literally stands out like a sore thumb. If anything, relocate him just inside the window on the corner and stick a camera around his neck and a Michelin travel guide in his hand.

Other than the fact that the Bounce Agency sign crosses over a window, I don't feel it clashes with the architecture in the area.

Of course I was being slightly facitious is a competitive sense as my company does similar work to them but we are not their size...yet. ;)

Sunday, 11-NOV-2007, PM Edition:

1966776147_b4326a0405_b.jpg

Cool shot with concrete stairs leading up to a modern structure and beautiful cumulus clouds. I like this shot a lot!...Yes, I am a great lover of stairs (and hills and sea). Is the entire city of Greenville set up for wireless free-access service? Newsom's (who I voted for MAYOR for 4 more years) attempt at making the whole City and County of San Francisco wireless free for everyone, particularly people in low-income neighborhoods or housing projects scattered over the City, with Google/Earthlink went down the drain or the way of the dinasaur...but there are still some wireless free zones in the City like in Union Square, Civic Center area & parts of the Haight/Ashbury and Castro. At my home on Dolores Street, we switched back to SBC/AT&T from Comcast...

Edited by Zahc

2009506794_cb9801d826_o.jpg

I finally got out of the office for a few minutes today!

Cricket,

That's a great shot of city of Greenville's skyline and its trees in the colours of fall. I do miss that about home--a real fall and all the colours. There seems to be only 2 seasons in CA or least so in San Francisco. The golden/brown hills of summer suddenly become green in fall and winter as it becomes the rainy season.

Glad you got out of the office for a few minutes. Keep up the outstanding work...

Z...

Very nice shot, Cricket! :shades:

This one is not in Greenville, but still is nearby. I shot this photo on Highway 28 in Oconee County on the way up to Highlands, North Carolina. Obviously, you can see that I had a small bit of fun with the original photo:

Highway28_2006_01b.jpg

Hwy 28 is a wonderful road, with some incredible views, especially as you travel south from NC to SC, descending into a valley, you can just see for miles.

Hey Ya'll,

I'm new to Greenville (and Urban Planet) and am just starting to get to know the area. I also have a new video camera and am documenting places as I discover them. I just posted this to youtube and hope to continue to do this as I find new places. Forgive me for any technical difficulties with the vids, as I really don't know what I am doing yet.

Looking forward to being a part of the group!