Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great shots, everyone.

I think Brown Street has tremendous potential. It has little to offer currently, but despite that, it has a 'feel' to it, which, is probably a product of its "alley"-type usage and size. I think its flavor could easily be built upon. Unfortunately Wachovia Place, in conjunction with the Spring Street Parking garage, kind of hinders this potential for an entire block. Brown Street ranks up there, IMO, with Coffee Street for under utilized/realized potential for more unique pedestrian oriented retail/restaurant streets within downtown.

If Earshot had remained open, I don't think you would need to say that. I have constantly regretted that loss since the day its doors closed, along with our beloved The Map Shop. At least there are mainstays still anchoring Coffee Street to this day. No retail as unique and charming as Earshot and The Map Shop though.

If Earshot had remained open, I don't think you would need to say that. I have constantly regretted that loss since the day its doors closed, along with our beloved The Map Shop. At least there are mainstays still anchoring Coffee Street to this day. No retail as unique and charming as Earshot and The Map Shop though.

This is true, though I was thinking of the entire length of Coffee from North Main to Church.

Krazeeboi, I'm loving your photo tour from the recent visit. They are all great representations of the city's downtown.

Thanks. I wish I had time to get around to the West End. It's hard to get away from Falls Park though; that's where most of my pictures were taken. :)

There was a discussion on here at one time about Greenville at night vs. Greenville during the day. I must say that the night shots over the past page have really been superb and support the ideas that Greenville is quite beautiful at night. :shades:

Edited by GvilleSC