Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna have to take my daughter hiking again soon...once my toe completely heals (broke it a few weeks ago). Is that the firetower trail?

I'm not too sure, really. We started at the parking lot about halfway up and hiked passed the smaller pond with the dam and on to the top parking lot (which was plenty of walking for us...I need to do that more often). We were on the firetower trail at some point, but I can't remember the name of the first trail.

I will buy you a beer if you are right. If you can guess which trail it is based on that one picture, you truly are incredible!

I wasn't sure, but I thought I saw a blue blaze on that tree on the left, but now that I'm on a computer with a better display, it doesn't look like that tree is blazed.

I'm not too sure, really. We started at the parking lot about halfway up and hiked passed the smaller pond with the dam and on to the top parking lot (which was plenty of walking for us...I need to do that more often). We were on the firetower trail at some point, but I can't remember the name of the first trail.

Sounds like you started on either the Mountain Creek (orange blaze) or Sulphur Springs (white blaze) trail. They both share a stretch for a bit, too, and the Sulphur Springs trail meets up with and shares the Firetower trail on the loop back. Sounds like fun, whichever trails you were on.

Quick, call Ralph Nader! :P

This beautiful Corvair was parked along Main this morning:

IMG_4848.jpg

I saw this Corvair parked on Rowley St. at lunchtime today! Maybe a visitor to the Senior Center on E. Park Ave?

When you took this pic, did you specifically notice the license plate?

NDR4PRZ ("Nader for Prez!")

Great shot of Spill The Beans! I like the perspective you chose through the window.

WOW!!!! I love this photo! Your photos are always great at capturing a mood. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Do you sell your work?

Thanks guys! I haven't sold anything before...I would definitely love to at some point though. I guess I've just never been too sure on where/how to get started doing that.

Thanks guys! I haven't sold anything before...I would definitely love to at some point though. I guess I've just never been too sure on where/how to get started doing that.

I'm sure some of the other photographers on here could give you tips on how to sell your work.

I really love your nightime / rainy / foggy type of photos. You have one of an iron bench on Main Street in the rain.....OUTSTANDING! :thumbsup: Your photos definitely have a distinct feel, IMO.

^ Great photos RT. :thumbsup:

I had some acquaintances in town yesterday (they spent the last couple of days in downtown on their own) then we met them for dinner. One of their comments was all the "ways to get around" here. They had seen this group bike, then they commented on the electric taxis, bikes, pedicabs, Segways, horse and carriage.....throughout the last couple of days they saw all the various forms of alternative transport and it left an impression on them. Thought that was kind of cool. :thumbsup: