Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

Actually, the final portion of the main spine of the Swamp Rabbit Trail will be between Greenville Tech and Lake Conestee. That may not be open until 2011 or 2012.

I will definitely be riding from Cleveland Park to TR on Saturday. :)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the final portion of the main spine of the Swamp Rabbit Trail will be between Greenville Tech and Lake Conestee. That may not be open until 2011 or 2012.

I will definitely be riding from Cleveland Park to TR on Saturday. :)

Correct. There's been no physical work on this portion, though. So this linking marks the official connection of two very significant portions of the trail.

I'm not real sure I'm entirely happy with their route selection for the Greenville Tech to Lake Conestee portion. I think that a better connection through the Parkins Mill area would be better. Existing along busy arteries, like Pleasantburg Dr, is going to be very uninviting, IMO. Great visibility for advertising the system, but incredibly intimidating and NOT family-friendly for use.

According to a few people I spoke with at the Greek Festival, the crowd this year was the largest in the history of the festival. We went on Sunday morning as it first opened, and they were already out of dolmades (first time ever). Good to see this festival continue to grow. :thumbsup:

A few photos:

IMG_8726.jpg

IMG_8722.jpg

IMG_8727.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comment, GvilleSC.

As you can see in the photo below, I "resurfaced" the road, since it is needed. One obvious problem this photo shows is the lack of street-level commercial space to the left of the hotel entrance. I realize the developer was working with limited property size, but wish the City had put pressure on him to conceal the parking garage along Broad Street with commercial space, encouraging more pedestrian activity. This is one of the reasons I love Poinsett Corners so much (same developer). Considering the Peace Center is located across the street, Falls Park and RiverPlace are located immediately behind the Peace Center, and Reedy Square will be located just down Broad from this hotel, it would be great to have more shopping and dining options along this street.

4669556972_b2034dbcb4.jpg

For more information about this photo, click here.

Edited by Skyliner

^ Good photo of Allegiant. With their high season, summer schedule in place, they now have two flights daily to Orlando, along with the flights to Punta Gorda, Ft. Lauderdale and Tampa. Noticed yesterday on Flight Tracker, there were 4 Allegiants on the ground in Greenville within just a few hours of each other. Good for an airline that doesn't even offer daily service most of the year.

• 2 weeks later...