NYTransplant

Greenville Photo of the Day

8 hours ago, gman430 said:

Chernobyl...

85-B5-F6-BB-A34-A-4414-9-D6-B-30847010-F

Appears to be morphing into something that Stephen King could use as the subject for a horror novel....can't wait for the movie.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, cabelagent said:

Believe update/news was advised earlier...what is going on with this building?  TIA...

51B82FC5-A6AC-4B8E-ACD3-F51C4DF81E35.jpeg

I submitted an "Ask LaFluer" question a couple years ago about this building to the Greenville News. I was told that there were no plans to remodel the facade of this building and that this was the original design from the 1960's. It's such an eye sore imo. Hopefully it will be remodeled one day. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Den2Gvl said:

I submitted an "Ask LaFluer" question a couple years ago about this building to the Greenville News. I was told that there were no plans to remodel the facade of this building and that this was the original design from the 1960's. It's such an eye sore imo. Hopefully it will be remodeled one day. 

Yes...It's definitely an eyesore and embarrassing to downtown imo.  Apparently the city offers zero pressure to the owner of a very ugly structure in mid-downtown.  

5 hours ago, cabelagent said:

Yes...It's definitely an eyesore and embarrassing to downtown imo.  Apparently the city offers zero pressure to the owner of a very ugly structure in mid-downtown.  

Yep, been saying this for years. I can't believe it has not been bought or something yet.

I don't think the City should put any pressure on a land owner to spend money. The market will lead the owner to that decision. Do we know if an original façade still exists under the cladding?

• Like 3

If it was built in the 60's and that's the original facade, then here's hoping that it comes down and, say, Falls Park Place's twin--or younger sibling, not sure how big the footprint is--gets built in its place.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 7:20 AM, GvilleSC said:

I don't think the City should put any pressure on a land owner to spend money. The market will lead the owner to that decision. Do we know if an original façade still exists under the cladding?

Not in favor of city pressure...to a degree. The structure is located on the corner of a MAJOR road intersection downtown (Main & E.North)....many pass & view the building each day.  It's not a good look for Main St. /downtown...especially when there's many more visitors roaming around.  Apparently there's no codes enforcing the exterior appearance of a building on Main St...really ugggly. 

Delta Airlines and the turbulence thanks you for flying today. :sick:

D9356885-DE4A-43F2-A7C6-F037F294A871.jpeg

F2CA05CA-CFA1-4482-B815-86A6838AB385.jpeg

9B241AC4-CAB4-4ACD-9633-94DB81732C53.jpeg

AE9AC384-6B60-49AC-8A1A-C9F5A9527D9C.jpeg

BAE48FCC-3EF2-4A7D-9E22-0E49824B1709.jpeg

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

Thx gman ....There's an unseen terrible virus roaming around in that pic....pray it disappears soon.

Thankful to live in such a prosperous & beautiful area...

Edited by cabelagent

13 minutes ago, RestedTraveler said:

Stay safe and healthy, Gville.

Holy crap. :shok: I must be dreaming. Lol.

Edited by gman430
  • Haha 3

Where's gman430?  He's been noticeably quiet & hasn't posted lately....hope he's OK.

I sent him a message last week & no response  :dunno:

Edited by cabelagent
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, cabelagent said:

Where's gman430?  He's been noticeably quiet & hasn't posted lately....hope he's OK.

He has been quiet.

16 minutes ago, cabelagent said:

No activity since May 10th. Yeah, that’s definitely something to be concerned about. 

6 minutes ago, GVLover said:

No activity since May 10th. Yeah, that’s definitely something to be concerned about. 

After doing a little research, he's fine. Just not in town right now. We'll hear from him soon enough.:tw_wink:

Edited by motonenterprises
  • Thanks 3