Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool shot, gsupstate! :shades: What day and time was this taken? I've seen these places packed around out most lunch and dinner times. I enjoy Blue Ridge Brewery as well. :thumbsup:

Thanks Skyliner! About 10:30 in the morning. People were just starting to filter in.

The man made dam/falls should be demolished. An eyesore. The river would look much better if returned to it's natural state.

I noticed that all the gorgeous trees in the left (and right?) of this picture have been replaced by other Riverwalk landscaping... is that a good thing? those were some nice trees....

And silly question of the day: Are those man made falls underneath this bridge? if you were to describe those without using the word falls, how would you do it? (I'm looking for a good clue for this bridge) (thanks!)

This may seem like a strange photo of the day, but today I was hiking in northern Greenville county today. We are well past the date when Rhodadendrins bloomed, even at higher elevations. Rohdadendrins tend to be fairly sizable shrubs/bushes. I came across this single little Rhodadendrin, a total of 6 leaves (being eaten by bugs) on a single small stalk, but yet it had this incredible bloom! Weeks after the blooms have vanished, fighting against bugs, and it was one little spot of color (beauty) among all the greens and browns! The larger Rhodadendrin's flowers had all turned brown and shriveled. I thought this was such a great analogy of the Greenville "can do" attitude.......had to take a photo! :D

CIMG5428.jpg