Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great photos guys! :D

Probably not the proper thread to start this conversation, but the Legal Services building in RT's photo....since it sits exactly in the middle of West End, wouldn't it be cool if this service would vacate and some hot, hip restaurant go into this spot? Beautiful building....cries out to be a public space, not a government office.

Great photos guys! :D

Probably not the proper thread to start this conversation, but the Legal Services building in RT's photo....since it sits exactly in the middle of West End, wouldn't it be cool if this service would vacate and some hot, hip restaurant go into this spot? Beautiful building....cries out to be a public space, not a government office.

That building is so cool! A hot new restaurant, or even a trendy bar, would be great there!

Maybe a Legal Seafoods? :lol:

<just kidding, I know we wouldn't want a chain restaurant there>

Edited by Greenville

That building is so cool! A hot new restaurant, or even a trendy bar, would be great there!

Maybe a Legal Seafoods? :lol:

<just kidding, I know we wouldn't want a chain restaurant there>

Legal is great...would love to see one somewhere in Greenville. :thumbsup:

Maybe Soby could do some new concept in this spot?

You guys are letting food get in the way of pictures. :rofl: this is very unlike our PotD thread to go so long into the day without a photo... So, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one. But it's one of our great old buildings that's gotten a new life-- The Old Augusta Rd Post Office at Lewis Plaza.

random026.jpg

I did not know that this building on Augusta Road was now a Salsarita's. Very cool! Has anyone been there? How is the atmosphere?

I go there quite frequently. I like the atmosphere better than I did when they were located on Main Street, actually. The place is just the right size for them...the old location on Main Street was too huge. Nice photo, GvilleSC! I'm out of town at my family reunion, so I'll not be uploading anything unless you want photos of Lake Wylie or Charlotte. :lol:

Edited by RestedTraveler

I am based in RTP, and I am just amazed at the energy and enthusiasm surrounding Greenville. American Tobacco is nice, in a corporate/wanna be "hip" sort of way, but Greenville feels so much more real.

I want to root for Durham, but frankly, I can't help but feel it is overhyped when I see this. my 2 cents.

I go there quite frequently. I like the atmosphere better than I did when they were located on Main Street, actually. The place is just the right size for them...the old location on Main Street was too huge. Nice photo, GvilleSC! I'm out of town at my family reunion, so I'll not be uploading anything unless you want photos of Lake Wylie or Charlotte. :lol:

That is interesting, RT. I look forward to trying it when I am in town, although it's hard to beat Monterey by the Mall! :thumbsup:

Hope you're having fun at the Traveler family reunion! When will you be back in G-Vegas?

Thursday, 22-JUN-2006:

This is from Charlotte, not Greenville, but hey...it'd be cool if Greenville had something like this on the corners at South Main and Broad:

172971686_e3e1cef60f_b.jpg

Great pic RT! :thumbsup: Isn't that called "Founders Corner" or something like that? That's the same idea I believe Greenville is going for, starting with the new statue going in now at Broad and Main.