Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm envious of how clean Greenville always looks in your pics...and no sign of down & out people in a public square and/or people's discarded junk & broken glass & needles. San Francisco is gorgeous...but our public squares like United Nations Plaza can be quite filthy & not a moment of peace, esp. of drug dealings with city police in sight & homeless people using the fountains to take baths! I love SF dearly but sometimes (for a Carolina boy so far from his native home) it's like living in an open-air asylum...However, City Hall square/plaza is much cleaner than when I first saw it in 1983....back then & long before Gavin Newsom became Mayor, it was filled with people living in tents.

Edited by Zahc

Is this at GSP Int'l or Greenville Downtown Airport? Where is the best place to get a view? I have always wanted to do this

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply but their are two places to park and view the downtown airport.

Both are located off of Lowndes Hill -Woods Lake road near 385. This picture was taken from the one nearest the Expo center behind the Blind Horse Saloon. Because the airport is so flat and the lights are even across the horizon this view kind of reminds of the beach front. I always thought this would be great location for a restaurant overlooking the airport.

DSCF1095_1.jpg

Due to the huge success of the park :) the lower part of the park had to be replanted and it is temporally closed.

It has been closed for about a month now, but should soon reopen. :thumbsup: They just finished laying the sod a few days ago. It will be nice to see people using the lawn for picnicing once again. :D