Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

That's weird. I live in Columbia for the same reason.

I think this is a perfect example of how different people see different places in different ways. RT sees Gville the same way CorgiMAtt sees Cola. This shows how each of our cities can (and does) have great appeal to different people, and how each deserves the accolades they get. It is good that we have different opinions. I happen to agree with RT, but then I wouldn't want everyone to feel that way because our little secret would be out and everyone else would want to be here too. :P We spend too much time trying to out piss each other, instead of accepting opinions and respecting what each city brings to the state. Just saw an opportunity to make a point :thumbsup:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad it's not. :shades:

For all intents and purposes, it is the most cosmopolitan of any city in South Carolina, though. I dig it. It's why I moved here.

cool...i guess Greenville looks 'big' to me with its downtown high-rises, the Falls & a mountain range in the background...it certainly looks bigger than San Jose, which is now the 3rd largest city in California with 900,000 + people. SJ finally moved its City Hall back to downtown from its sprawling burbs and overtook San Francisco in the mid-1990s to become largest city in the Bay Area or Northern California...SF still rules in the Bay Area though and is not that much bigger in area than Greenville...It's all these steep hills that make it seem bigger, particularly if you're walking up one of them for 2 long blocks home...

Edited by Zahc

Absolutely! :thumbsup: Can you believe that? I saw four of these kids slide down the face of the upper falls today into the deep pool at the bottom. This was the best of the shots I got. Wicked insane. :shok:

The kid made me question it being Falls Park. WOW! The first one must have been brave. Even still I think I would have watched from the sidelines.

Although nothing stands out to me when I see pictures of San Jose, I don't think I'd say that downtown Greenville looks bigger than downtown San Jose. But maybe I would just have to see the city in person. San Jose certainly looks way more bland to me.

San Jose is quite bland. However, the city has added more highrises in recent years, got a hockey pro team (San Jose Sharks-I went to one game) and attempted to create a downtown like San Francisco...

but San Jose will always be San Jose with a nightlife that is very dead when compared to San Francisco...San Jose's daily newspaper "The Mercury News" is very good though.

Absolutely! :thumbsup: Can you believe that? I saw four of these kids slide down the face of the upper falls today into the deep pool at the bottom. This was the best of the shots I got. Wicked insane. :shok:

The Falls shot rocks!!! Good job!

Edited by Zahc

Thanks!

Does San Jose still have legions of homeless highly-paid software engineers riding around on busses all night because they can't afford a place to live? That's the last impression I was left with of San Jose.

...don't know. The Bay Area has not fared so well under BUSH...After the dot.com bust, a lot of people's salaries dropped...Rents had fallen, but they seem to be picking up again with overpriced studios in San Francisco...

Hey, why doesn't Greenville have a Craigslist? I notice Charleston and Columbia does...

...don't know. The Bay Area has not fared so well under BUSH...After the dot.com bust, a lot of people's salaries dropped...Rents had fallen, but they seem to be picking up again with overpriced studios in San Francisco...

Hey, why doesn't Greenville have a Craigslist? I notice Charleston and Columbia does...

oooops...I just notice GREENVILLE does have a Craigslist...and MB as well. That's great!

Edited by Zahc