Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

Thanks gsupstate, I like it but I think NYTs shots are a lot better, I cant figure out how to get ride of

the green from the street lamps.

Actually, the green of the street lamps is my favorite part. On the right side of the photo, the green from the street lamps gives the tree and the pavillion a very "Harry Potter" (or in my day it would have Hardy Boys) kind of look.

I love it! :)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the green of the street lamps is my favorite part. On the right side of the photo, the green from the street lamps gives the tree and the pavillion a very "Harry Potter" (or in my day it would have Hardy Boys) kind of look.

I love it! :)

I agree , I think the green from the lamps adds to the picture. I love the reflection of Riverplace too.

Nice shot. I thought you got some stars in there too, which I was truely impressed with until I realized I needed to clean my monitor...... :thumbsup:

:rofl:

That's funny, there were some stars out this morning, so I immediately thought I didn't notice them in the shot... until I saw the second part of your statement.

...I cant figure out how to get ride of the green from the street lamps.

You may want to toy with the White Balance settings, too, to warm up the lamps some. You can either do so with the camera itself at the time you take the photo, or you can do it with post processing. I've been playing with a trial version of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom v 1.0, and it's awesome (I know...it's about time, RT). You can adjust many things in post-processing and restore to the original image at any time, etc.

I have to tell y'all, I'm very much enjoying everyone's photos! Great shots being made by all! :tough: It's nice to be a spectator, but I should be home again soon and be able to get back out and take some more photos to contribute, too.