Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah!!!!!! That's what I like. Especially the tree cover. Alot of people kind of under

appriciate them. That is, until they come from underneath those wonderful branches of love and start baking. You also forget you are in the middle of the city, with the bird singing and the benches and all. Oh, what a WONDERFUL THING. :wub:

Edited by MAJIKMAN

One other thing I wanted to point out about the Sept. 16th photo (the very wide angle of the CBD) is that the units in the "Bookends" that have plants and flowers on the balcony look 200% better than those that don't.

It goes a long way to "soften" the look of the entire building as well as add some great color.

Maybe their Condo board should make it a requirement. :lol:

September 18, 2005:

20050916015.jpg

This is the awesome view from the top of the Bowater Garage.

My apologies for including so much of the parking deck in this shot; however, it's far better than seeing the Greenville News building, trust me! This takes me back to my "what would you do with $100 million" or "what would you destroy and replace it with" posts. That building is horrendous and doubly so from the back side. :sick:

Edited by RestedTraveler

That really is an awesome shot; however, I just noticed...that black vehicle parked on South Main in front of the Peace Center should probably be ticketed for being "double parked."  :rofl:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl:

I agree with your observation of the Greenville News building. I've tried to get some good shots from the top of the Bowater garage and vicinity, and they either get ruined by the Greenville News building or the Postal facility. :sick:

NYTransplant, all I can say is WOW -- and Thanks a ton!  Your camera has been very busy lately.  Obviously so have you!  Great lens angle and composition.  It looks like you shot that last one from River Street, between the larger office building, and 55 RiverPlace.  Those views from inside must be stunning. B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks guys, glad you are enjoying them. :thumbsup:

That last one was from between the two new buildings on Camperdown.

These are truely excellent pics you guys! Keep it up:)

That one of the west end is great. It reminds me of some other city that I can't put my finger on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was thinking the same thing but I was able to put my finger on my thought - Alexandria, VA. It's the brick work. It reminds me of upper King Street in Alexandria... the area around the King Street Metro Station.

I agree - NYTransplant - great photos.

Edited by interestedexpat

Old Town Alexandria does feel a lot like downtown Greenville with the tree-lined streets and well-preserved buildings. There aren't any highrises there, and it doesn't feel like a city the way Greenville does, but the first time I was in Old Town Alexandria along King Street it definitely reminded me of Greenville.

The only difference is that they have national retailers there - something we need soon!