Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

480469890_d63fc508ce_b.jpg

It's nice to see downtown used for social occasions. This was from a couple of Saturday's ago. To the left, on the ampitheatre side, are some young adults getting their picture taken the night of their prom.

To the right is a wedding reception at Wyche Pavilion, where my wife and I considered for our reception a couple years back, but looked elsewhere.

491103476_10a0abc91b_o.jpg

Another from my early morning trip to the park. It is so peaceful at that time of morning. Only an occasional jogger breezing by...

The stairs and the tree were my main intent on this shot, but I was very happy with the end result containing the part of the falls and part of downtown's buildings...

Everytime I see someone taking pictures in the park, I think, "I wonder if that is RT? I wonder if that is Cricket? I wonder...."

I'm heading to the LEAF Festival in Black Mountain tomorrow, sure to find some great pictures there. Y'all have a great weekend!

Brady

Everywhere I look in that park, there's someone with a camera and a tripod these days. :lol:

Great photos, everyone!

Everytime I see someone taking pictures in the park, I think, "I wonder if that is RT? I wonder if that is Cricket? I wonder...."

I'm heading to the LEAF Festival in Black Mountain tomorrow, sure to find some great pictures there. Y'all have a great weekend!

Brady

You can add me to the list. My business now has an office downtown and I plan on walk and photographing downtown once things get settled pretty well. I also plan on actively developing shopdowntowngreenville.com in the near future.

Why is that RT? :dontknow:

To "flick" is a cycling term borrowed from the German verb "ficken" which refers to the practice of strategically and maliciously dropping an inconsiderate, rude, selfish, etc. rider from a pack, for spite. I see some of the same practice in certain pools on flickr, too. :lol:

RT, those look sooooo good!!! So unlike the ones in the grocery that have half the berries growing fuzzy green/gray mold.

Here's my contribution for the afternoon edition:

494265086_276caee32e_o.jpg

This was from last year, and I realize Reedy has had a minor overhaul this year, but I've just got baseball on the brain today.

Cricket

This was from last year, and I realize Reedy has had a minor overhaul this year, but I've just got baseball on the brain today.

I was gonna say...he looks EXTREMELY different this year. The piping on his jersey is red and blue. His skin is a darker green and made of a much softer material. He's even got a green jersey to wear on dates where the team is wearing green (not sure if he has a blue one or not).

Did anyone happen to get any photos of the pink home plates that were scattered throughout downtown promoting breast cancer awareness and tomorrow's mothers day game? My battery had died by the time I saw one yesterday, so I didn't get a photo and then today the advertisements had gotten wet and had come off of all of the ones I found.