Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing around with my camera's 'photostitch' feature... Hope you like this one. It is 6535x990.

FallsParkStitch2_small.jpg

56k WARNING: The full size picture is 2.25MB. Suggested for Cable modem or better, or those with lots of patience :)

To see the full size click here <---- FULL SIZE

EDITED: will post here to a smaller version of the picture, follow the link above for the full size one.

Edited by bradyg23

Playing around with my camera's 'photostitch' feature... Hope you like this one. It is 6535x990.

FallsParkStitch2.jpg

56k WARNING: The full size picture is 2.25MB. Suggested for Cable modem or better, or those with lots of patience :)

To see the full size click here

That is the best shot I've seen in a long time. I've got that as my wallpaper here at work, and it works out well considering I have two widescreen displays. I'll let you know if anyone asks where its from. :thumbsup:

Wednesday morning edition:

494265084_2eead05865_o.jpg

This was taken on the day of the National Day of Prayer gathering at Piazza Bergamo. I really goofed before the event and accidentally set my camera's speed to 1600 when I was trying to set it to AUTO. Did you know that if you accidently go past AUTO it jumps to the top of the speed list? Grrr.... this is one of the only salvagable pics from that day.

Cricket

Edited by Cricket

Great photos all!

As promised:

FallsParkStitch1_small.jpg

Full size is 10445 pixels wide (after I scaled it down :) It is about 3.3MB so beware if you are on 56k.

Falls Park Photo Stitch <---- FULL SIZE

EDITED: will post here to a smaller version of the picture, follow the link above for the full size one.

This is amazing! It's almost a 360 degree view. I zoomed in and studied it closely.....can't find the stitch. Outstanding photo! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by gsupstate

Wednesday morning edition:

494265084_2eead05865_o.jpg

This was taken on the day of the National Day of Prayer gathering at Piazza Bergamo. I really goofed before the event and accidentally set my camera's speed to 1600 when I was trying to set it to AUTO. Did you know that if you accidently go past AUTO it jumps to the top of the speed list? Grrr.... this is one of the only salvagable pics from that day.

Cricket

There is a giant canopy over the entire outdoor seating section now. I kept thinking how terrible it was that a tree was cut down just to increase the seating capacity, but with the permanent canopy it looks much better now.

There is a giant canopy over the entire outdoor seating section now. I kept thinking how terrible it was that a tree was cut down just to increase the seating capacity, but with the permanent canopy it looks much better now.

I'll have to check that out. I'm wanting to get up to the Jazz Caverns for lunch one day next week to try the Southern Fusion Egg Rolls. I'll check it out then.

Cricket

It's First Presbyterian. I think it's at Buncombe and W. Washington, but don't hold me to that! There are a number of spires on the church.

It's on the corner of Richardson and Washington...you were obviously on the Washington side when you took this. Beautiful photo! I love the architecture on this church and the St. Mary's Catholic Church on down the way. Both would make excellent nighttime subjects, too.

It's on the corner of Richardson and Washington...you were obviously on the Washington side when you took this. Beautiful photo! I love the architecture on this church and the St. Mary's Catholic Church on down the way. Both would make excellent nighttime subjects, too.

And on that note, Friday evening edition:

512877274_404a059f3e_o.jpg

Cricket