Providence Road/I-485 Area

jb4563

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the little area around Providence Road and I-485 called (where the Promenade shopping center/Lowe's is at)?

It's not in Ballantyne.  It's not Waxhaw.  It's not the Arboretum area.

No man's land?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's the Providence area... lol.

Actually, take a look at the attachment

post-872-1123542934_thumb.jpg

post-872-1123542934_thumb.jpg

ummm, I live 2 minutes from the Promenade, kind of in between the Arbo and 485. I dk what specifically you would call this area, maybe just the Providence Promenade or Ballantyne Commons & Providence, or just 485 and Providence. Or maybe south Providence.

Hey, here's my house!

post-40-1123543316_thumb.jpg

post-40-1123543316_thumb.jpg

ummm, I live 2 minutes from the Promenade, kind of in between the Arbo and 485.  I dk what specifically you would call this area, maybe just the Providence Promenade or Ballantyne Commons & Providence, or just 485 and Providence.  Or maybe south Providence.

Hey, here's my house!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know what it's called but I know the traffic is horrible on Providence Southbound from McKee Road all the way to the Harris Teeter about 1 mile down on the right. It is horrible at most everytime during the day.

^yeah that section is always horrible.

As for the map.. well it's from Mappoint 2004 but Microsoft doesn't do a good job of updating that - because as you can see they still have Ballantyne Commons Pkwy listed as 'Providence Rd W' and Ardrey Kell is 'E/W Circumfrential Rd'...

and i think the name of the area will eventually evolve.. like skys said, Promenade on Providence or something or "The Promenade Area" like "The Arboretum area" and "The ballantyne area"...

• 3 months later...

Archived