The Armory Thread

Liamlunchtray

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Happy News!!

Seven Stars West is coming! Seven Stars signed a lease to take the former pharmacy space at the corner of Broadway and Knight Street that is owned by Armory. Renovation plans are underway. I don't know a timeline for construction/occupancy. They won't be baking on premise.

Happy News!!

Seven Stars West is coming! Seven Stars signed a lease to take the former pharmacy space at the corner of Broadway and Knight Street that is owned by Armory. Renovation plans are underway. I don't know a timeline for construction/occupancy. They won't be baking on premise.

• 1 month later...
I believe they said they were using the ground floor offices and the basement since those have the recent sprinkler & code upgrades, and using the drill hall for training exercises. They also made a concerted effort (and expenditure) when the filming-driven upgrades were being made to install a standpipe to the top floors; this means that upgrading the upper floor offices will be much cheaper and easier and thus doable in the short term.

Point is, they're as excited about seeing the building used as the neighborhood is and it's at their invitation that WBNA is able to use the space for the party next Friday (May 11).

. . . it is just wonderful to at least have someone in there, and especially wonderfull to have someone in there that will be dedicated to making sure the place meets code. I'd love to see the main hall used for more community events, especially during the winter when everyone is housebound.

Hey Everybody!

If you're not sure what to get Mom for Mother's Day, swing by Relish on Broadway tonight from 6:30 -8ish to see Jewelry from local artist Amie Plant. She's having a special jewelry show :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I've created a new thread for Dexter Training Ground.

All discussion about the dog park/ball field should go there so that people (like myself) who really don't care one way or the other about the topic don't have to wade through that stuff here to talk about the other things that are happening in the neighborhood.

And fair warning, if people don't start being civil in the dog park/ball field discussion, I will start suspending/banning people. There's already been a real world arrest related to this issue, I will mete out punishment here too if I need to.

Archived