Lullwater Development in Macon

wks2003x

A 240 room hotel could be about 10-12 floors. Im guessing the smaller hotel will be the Hilton Garden Inn, the one here in Anderson SC is 5 floors, as are a few others Ive seen. Throw in a couple of midrise office buildings and maybe one or two midrise condos and that area could have a nice small ....quite small...skyline.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 240 room hotel could be about 10-12 floors. Im guessing the smaller hotel will be the Hilton Garden Inn, the one here in Anderson SC is 5 floors, as are a few others Ive seen. Throw in a couple of midrise office buildings and maybe one or two midrise condos and that area could have a nice small ....quite small...skyline.

Actually I think the bigger hotel will be the Hilton.

• 1 month later...

I went by the Providence community/suburb in North Macon last week end and there are a BUNCH of house already built out ther but they have only started on have of the 8 subdivisions. Im going to post some pics soon. The town square/downtown part hasnt started construction yet I dont think.

• 1 month later...

Another lifestyle center is being added to the long list of developments in the Lullwater area. The new lifestyle center will be located near the I-75/Riverside Drive interchange and will add 694,000 square feet of retail to the original 3 Million sq. ft. total.

The new development will contain two big-box tenants and a 100 room 4-story hotel, bringing the total hotel count to 3.

Another lifestyle center is being added to the long list of developments in the Lullwater area. The new lifestyle center will be located near the I-75/Riverside Drive interchange and will add 694,000 square feet of retail to the original 3 Million sq. ft. total.

The new development will contain two big-box tenants and a 100 room 4-story hotel, bringing the total hotel count to 3.

..and think, everyone laughed when I said it was reaching 4-5 million sq. ft. Well we are at 3.7 now. Lets see where we end up. :P

• 2 weeks later...

The Shoppes at River Crossing

Remember the Riverside Dr. upscale retail center that I mentioned earlier? Well it's actually going to be called 'The Shoppes at River Crossing.' Also, the development's retail space is a bit larger than the original estimate at around 1,000,000 sq. ft., which is about the size of a typical mall in Georgia. The fact that this lifestyle center alone is so large is a pretty big deal when considering the other developments going up around it. North Macon's total new retail space count is up to 3.8 million square feet.

Of the 6 lifestyle centers that are currently under construction in Macon, this one is the largest. The Shoppes at River Crossing will be managed by Jim Wilson & Associates, the same company that manages Riverchase Galleria, Birmingham's largest mall. The new lifestyle center calls for 2 anchor stores, upscale specialty stores, restaurants and entertainment.

Okay..........Bloomingdales and Saks Fifth Avenue?

I would really have to see where she is getting her info. Nashville or Charlotte would seem a more likely expansion site than north Macon. I would have thought a Saks of Bloomies would have located in the Mall of Georgia. StevenRocks knows more about these department stores but I remember him saying somewhere perhaps in the Charlotte section that Saks, Inc was not looking to do major expansions of the Saks Fifth Avenue brand. The numbers just wouldn't add up. Either way I am glad that this development is expanding to offer jobs and retail options for northern Macon.

Okay..........Bloomingdales and Saks Fifth Avenue?

I would really have to see where she is getting her info. Nashville or Charlotte would seem a more likely expansion site than north Macon. I would have thought a Saks of Bloomies would have located in the Mall of Georgia. StevenRocks knows more about these department stores but I remember him saying somewhere perhaps in the Charlotte section that Saks, Inc was not looking to do major expansions of the Saks Fifth Avenue brand. The numbers just wouldn't add up. Either way I am glad that this development is expanding to offer jobs and retail options for northern Macon.

celest I'm a sceptic too but I really don't want to jinx it. lets just hope.

• 4 weeks later...

Of the 6 lifestyle centers that are currently under construction in Macon.......

Ummm.....

Are you sure there are SIX lifestyle centers being built in Macon? What definition are you using to describe a "lifestyle center"? A strip center is not a lifestyle center. A strip center with a hotel on each end is not one, either.

Remember, this is Macon, not Atlanta.

Ummm.....

Are you sure there are SIX lifestyle centers being built in Macon? What definition are you using to describe a "lifestyle center"? A strip center is not a lifestyle center. A strip center with a hotel on each end is not one, either.

My count is four. But wks2003x usually has credible info so if he says 6 i trust that.

The Moon Family is supposed to be developing a lot of land off of Hartley Bridge Rd. as well.

The ones im aware of are...

Opus Shoppes

Shoppes @ River Crossing

Providence Towne Center

Lullwater Village

My count is four. But wks2003x usually has credible info so if he says 6 i trust that.

The Moon Family is supposed to be developing a lot of land off of Hartley Bridge Rd. as well.

The ones im aware of are...

Opus Shoppes

Shoppes @ River Crossing

Providence Towne Center

Lullwater Village

Well, maybe so then. Just seems to me there's not enough people or money to justify the construction of SIX..or even four lifestyle centers in Macon. One, sure. Two, ok. Three...you're pushing it.

Well, maybe so then. Just seems to me there's not enough people or money to justify the construction of SIX..or even four lifestyle centers in Macon. One, sure. Two, ok. Three...you're pushing it.

I see, but you have to understand that these developments are not just serving macon proper or just the metro are for that matter, but the whole middle georgia region and south metro atlanta. If our metro was made up of as many of our surrounding counties as atlanta's is whe would have 800,000 ppl in our msa. With Macon being the only place for these ppl to any kind of "real" shopping, I don't think four, five, or six lifestyle centers is too many. I think we are way behind from a retail aspect (the mid. ga area) if u ask me.

• 2 weeks later...

Ummm.....

Pardon my terminology.

"Of the 6 strip centers that are currently under construction in Macon......."

• 3 months later...

The Shoppes at River Crossing

Remember the Riverside Dr. upscale retail center that I mentioned earlier? Well it's actually going to be called 'The Shoppes at River Crossing.' Also, the development's retail space is a bit larger than the original estimate at around 1,000,000 sq. ft., which is about the size of a typical mall in Georgia. The fact that this lifestyle center alone is so large is a pretty big deal when considering the other developments going up around it. North Macon's total new retail space count is up to 3.8 million square feet.

Of the 6 lifestyle centers that are currently under construction in Macon, this one is the largest. The Shoppes at River Crossing will be managed by Jim Wilson & Associates, the same company that manages Riverchase Galleria, Birmingham's largest mall. The new lifestyle center calls for 2 anchor stores, upscale specialty stores, restaurants and entertainment.

Have heard rumors for a while that both Belk and Dillards have signed leases to be primary anchors of The Shoppes at River Crossing, and they appear to be valid. A new site map on the developer's web site show both department stores. The overall size seems to have been scaled back a bit, to about 750,000 sq. ft. Still, it's impressive. No date shown for construction, and nothing seems to have been done on the property yet.

As for other locations, construction has begun on the Bass Pro Shops store now that the DC is running. Work is going on the road leading from Bass Road into the complex. All of the land for Lullwater Village has been cleared and site prep seems to be underway. Spoke with a home builder in the Providence community over the weekend, and he said plans for the Towne Centre development (last he heard) were still on track. But he said things had slowed while everyone waits to see the progress of the Bass Pro development. He knew only about the Belk and Dillards at The Shoppes at River Crossing, but nothing about any other tenants in any other developments.

Have heard rumors for a while that both Belk and Dillards have signed leases to be primary anchors of The Shoppes at River Crossing, and they appear to be valid. A new site map on the developer's web site show both department stores. The overall size seems to have been scaled back a bit, to about 750,000 sq. ft. Still, it's impressive. No date shown for construction, and nothing seems to have been done on the property yet.

As for other locations, construction has begun on the Bass Pro Shops store now that the DC is running. Work is going on the road leading from Bass Road into the complex. All of the land for Lullwater Village has been cleared and site prep seems to be underway. Spoke with a home builder in the Providence community over the weekend, and he said plans for the Towne Centre development (last he heard) were still on track. But he said things had slowed while everyone waits to see the progress of the Bass Pro development. He knew only about the Belk and Dillards at The Shoppes at River Crossing, but nothing about any other tenants in any other developments.

I dont know if Macon is big enough for these duplicates yet, if these stores dont offer some type of variance from the current stores at the Macon Mall then this could have a very negative effect. I would like to see new chains.

I dont know if Macon is big enough for these duplicates yet, if these stores dont offer some type of variance from the current stores at the Macon Mall then this could have a very negative effect. I would like to see new chains.

I'm wondering if they'll close the current stores in Macon Mall when they open these. I can't imagine two stores could be sustained here.

By the way, further searching of the web site shows a completion date of 2008 for the shopping center.

I'm wondering if they'll close the current stores in Macon Mall when they open these. I can't imagine two stores could be sustained here.

By the way, further searching of the web site shows a completion date of 2008 for the shopping center.

That would be a devestating blow to the Macon Mall. The new owners already seem to be very particular spenders. They havent even put of permanet signs at the entrances or on the building. I havent seen any other capital improvements going on either.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived