Lullwater Development in Macon

wks2003x

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Img8.jpg

Northwinds Square Website

Northwinds Square (a 400,000 sq. ft. office/retail complex) has opened its website.

Where exactly are Northwinds Square and the Opus Development going to be located? Those are different from Lullwater at Bass/Marketplace at Bass and Shoppes at River Crossing - I'm confused as to location!

I live in Providence and just today we received a letter from the developers saying that plans were moving forward for Providence Town Centre and that they have been meeting with possible tenants. So it seems to be moving forward!

Where exactly are Northwinds Square and the Opus Development going to be located? Those are different from Lullwater at Bass/Marketplace at Bass and Shoppes at River Crossing - I'm confused as to location!

I live in Providence and just today we received a letter from the developers saying that plans were moving forward for Providence Town Centre and that they have been meeting with possible tenants. So it seems to be moving forward!

Im not sure about Northwinds but I belive some where on Bass Rd. or either Riverside Dr. Opus Shopes is on Zebulon directly across from the Lake Wildwood front entrance. Keep us updated on the possible tenants in PTC. I would love to see some new chains come to Middle GA.

Im not sure about Northwinds but I belive some where on Bass Rd. or either Riverside Dr. Opus Shopes is on Zebulon directly across from the Lake Wildwood front entrance. Keep us updated on the possible tenants in PTC. I would love to see some new chains come to Middle GA.

If I remember the Macon Telegraph article correctly, Northwinds is supposed to be built in the triangle formed by Bass Road and Riverside Drive, on the north side of Old Forsyth Rd.

In response to my own question about Opus, land clearing is underway for that development.

• 3 weeks later...

North Macon Retail Boom Update

Latest Macon Telegraph Article - Shopping Center to Employ 2,000

As construction for several of these developments draws near, more info is being revealed about them.

:: The Shoppes at River Crossing (reduced to 750,000 sq. ft.) will create 2,000 jobs. It will overtake Eisenhower Crossing (which is expanding again) as the second largest retail center in Macon. It is expected to bring Macon's second Belk & second Dillard's, although JWA will not confirm them. Luigi's Bistro is coming along with four upscale restaurants that will be new to the Middle Georgia area.

:: The developers assert that the new regional shopping center will not hurt the Macon Mall or Eisenhower Crossing. They also assert that the new retail developments in the city will be good for business. They also think "the market is strong enough to handle it."

Macon Mall survived the construction of Galleria Mall and Eisenhower Crossing...hopefully it can survive The Shoppes at River Crossing too.

750,000-SF Mall to Break Ground in August- CoStar

The Shoppes at River Crossing, a 750,000-square-foot lifestyle center in Macon, GA, is expected to break ground in August and scheduled for completion in the spring of 2008. The property is at Interstate 75 and Riverside Drive and is being developed by a joint venture between Jim Wilson & Associates Inc. and General Growth Properties Inc.

The shopping center will feature two department stores, five mid-size anchors and a mix of upscale stores and multiple restaurants. Many of the incoming tenants are new to the area.

The Shoppes at River Crossing will be the first open-air retail development in Bibb County and will serve an estimated population of 612,000 people. The center's trade area includes more than 22 counties in central Georgia.

This project seems very similiar to The Villages at Riverwatch, under construction in Augusta. Its about the same size, Augustas only a little larger, and both with a Belks and Dillards and several mid-sized anchors and an upscale assortment of shops/restaurants.

What is this Galleria Mall mentioned earlier in the thread? Is it still in existence?

I am glad to see developers gaining interest in Macon, also Soth Macon is getting a HUGE development in Hartley Stations just of I-75 on Hartlet Bridge Rd., being developed by Moon Family Properties, so the southside residents wont have to drive 20 min to North Macon.

I am glad to see developers gaining interest in Macon, also Soth Macon is getting a HUGE development in Hartley Stations just of I-75 on Hartlet Bridge Rd., being developed by Moon Family Properties, so the southside residents wont have to drive 20 min to North Macon.

Do you know any of the tenants coming to this southside development?

Do you know any of the tenants coming to this southside development?

No I do not unfortunately. The Moon Family office personel claims that they are not that far along yet land clearing has been taking place for sometime. I wil try again though in the near future.

Road work is underway on Bass Road, on both sides of I-75, in anticipation of the planned October opening of Bass Pro Shops.

It looks like crews are preparing left-turn lanes from Bass Rd to the I-75 on-ramps, hopefully in advance of traffic signals. Turning left from the ramps onto Bass Road is tough, especially from 75 southbound.

Also, construction is on-going on what appears to be a second southbound lane on Bass Road, running from the entrance to Bass Pro/Marketplace @ Bass to the ramp to I-75 north. Appears that it will make use of the paved shoulder already in place in front of Georgia Farm Bureau. The same work appears to be underway on the other side of the road, in front of the future Lullwater Village.

Road work is underway on Bass Road, on both sides of I-75, in anticipation of the planned October opening of Bass Pro Shops.

It looks like crews are preparing left-turn lanes from Bass Rd to the I-75 on-ramps, hopefully in advance of traffic signals. Turning left from the ramps onto Bass Road is tough, especially from 75 southbound.

Also, construction is on-going on what appears to be a second southbound lane on Bass Road, running from the entrance to Bass Pro/Marketplace @ Bass to the ramp to I-75 north. Appears that it will make use of the paved shoulder already in place in front of Georgia Farm Bureau. The same work appears to be underway on the other side of the road, in front of the future Lullwater Village.

That bridge is gonna need to be widened. They shouldn't wait until traffic begins to flow even heavier to fix the problem. Heavy construction wont be good for all of those Grand Openings.

• 2 weeks later...

The Shoppes at River Crossing - Groundbreaking

According to Jim Wilson and Associates, Inc., the groundbreaking for the new lifestyle center will be in August 2006, with a scheduled opening of Spring 2008. JWA has now officially confirmed Dillard's and Belk's, which makes for a total of two Dillard's stores and three Belk's stores in the area.

JWA said that The Shoppes at River Crossing will be modeled after The Shoppes at EastChase in Montgomery, Alabama. And if images of The Shoppes at EastChase are any indicator, then this lifestyle center will most likely be the nicest thing to hit the state outside of metro Atlanta.

The Shoppes at River Crossing - Groundbreaking

According to Jim Wilson and Associates, Inc., the groundbreaking for the new lifestyle center will be in August 2006, with a scheduled opening of Spring 2008. JWA has now officially confirmed Dillard's and Belk's, which makes for a total of two Dillard's stores and three Belk's stores in the area.

This brings to mind the announcement of the sale of Parisian to Belk. With the Belk store confirmed for River Crossing, I wonder if that lessens chances of the Macon Mall Parisian store closing.

Updating the Bass Pro / Lullwater situation, traffic signals for the ramps to I-75 seem imminent. The poles for the signals were delivered yesterday afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding page 2 of thread, I also have heard from someone w/close ties to real estate firm (think local family), who says Saks is coming to Macon.

I hope so badly but I just cant see it right now? Is there a Maconite on the board that decides where to put the new stores? lol

There was rumors that Neiman Marcus was taking parisan spot, but i dont know if that true or not. i have not seen any supporting information.

May I ask where you heard that? Is it for sure that they are closing yet? I guess 3 Belks would be too many for Macon.

Well I have a co-worker that has relatives that work downtown, and there was a decussion about the parsian store even before they had annouced the purchase made by Belks, that neiman marcus was taking the store's spot at the mall. But it was just some thing rumored by people downtown offices, so i dont know if its for sure yet but time will tell.

Archived