Lullwater Development in Macon

wks2003x

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went by today and The Shoppes at River Crossing, a 750,000-square-foot lifestyle center in Macon, GA, has broken break ground. i don't know if the ceremony has taken place.

I still gotta find out exactly where thats gonna be. Is it on the same road as the Mercedes-Benz of Macon and, Club Roc-a-Billy's is?

I still gotta find out exactly where thats gonna be. Is it on the same road as the Mercedes-Benz of Macon and, Club Roc-a-Billy's is?

It's on Riverside Drive, the entire section of land from Sutton Acura to New Forsyth Rd. If I remember correctly, the groundbreaking ceremony is September 12th. There are signs saying that the street (Sheraton Court?) that runs between the Acura dealer and Wesleyan Drive is to be closed starting this week.

This brings to mind the announcement of the sale of Parisian to Belk. With the Belk store confirmed for River Crossing, I wonder if that lessens chances of the Macon Mall Parisian store closing.

Updating the Bass Pro / Lullwater situation, traffic signals for the ramps to I-75 seem imminent. The poles for the signals were delivered yesterday afternoon.

I have a friend that works at the mall and her manager recieve a memo saying that Belk and parisian was leaving but i think she may have gotten that information wrong.

It's on Riverside Drive, the entire section of land from Sutton Acura to New Forsyth Rd. If I remember correctly, the groundbreaking ceremony is September 12th. There are signs saying that the street (Sheraton Court?) that runs between the Acura dealer and Wesleyan Drive is to be closed starting this week.

I went through the area yesterdaywhere the proposed shoopes are and there is an enormous stretch of land behind sutton acura has been cleared.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Road work is underway on Bass Road, on both sides of I-75, in anticipation of the planned October opening of Bass Pro Shops.

It looks like crews are preparing left-turn lanes from Bass Rd to the I-75 on-ramps, hopefully in advance of traffic signals. Turning left from the ramps onto Bass Road is tough, especially from 75 southbound.

Also, construction is on-going on what appears to be a second southbound lane on Bass Road, running from the entrance to Bass Pro/Marketplace @ Bass to the ramp to I-75 north. Appears that it will make use of the paved shoulder already in place in front of Georgia Farm Bureau. The same work appears to be underway on the other side of the road, in front of the future Lullwater Village.

The road work on Bass Road is mostly complete from I-75 to the entrance to Bass Pro/Marketplace @ Bass. There are two lanes from the Bass Pro entrance down to I-75, one the opposite direction, and a continuous center turn lane. The traffic lights on Bass at the I-75 ramps were brought fully online this morning, while the light on Bass at the entrance to Bass Pro is still flashing yellows. The road leading to Bass Pro is closed, but appears to be ready for traffic. It better be... the grand opening is a week from tomorrow.

• 3 months later...

Yes, I think that would be great. I think Audi and Infiniti would great too.

Wow, ure right. We dont even have either of those do we? We really need to step our game up. Seriously, there seem to be enought Range Rovers, Jaguars, and Infinitis riding around Macon to support all of those dealerships. Not to mention that a Range Rover dealership here would better serve Savannah/South Ga. aswell as Columbus and Macon than the one thats in Buckhead.

Wow, ure right. We dont even have either of those do we? We really need to step our game up. Seriously, there seem to be enought Range Rovers, Jaguars, and Infinitis riding around Macon to support all of those dealerships. Not to mention that a Range Rover dealership here would better serve Savannah/South Ga. aswell as Columbus and Macon than the one thats in Buckhead.

Take Savannah (and Southeast Georgia) out of the equation, as they have dealerships for all the brands mentioned. As for the rest of Georgia south of Atlanta, Macon would seem a good location for these dealers. Hopefully we'll see them come in. The upscale shopping being developed in Northwest Macon means upscale shoppers, prime shoppers for these high-end car brands.

After all the retail and dealership developments planned for this area I wonder whats next to be announced..I'm very eager and waiting for the announcements. maybe some high resturants and hotels.....

The wife and I are interested in what new restaurants might be coming. She's an Atlanta girl and misses the unlimited variety up there.

Take Savannah (and Southeast Georgia) out of the equation, as they have dealerships for all the brands mentioned. As for the rest of Georgia south of Atlanta, Macon would seem a good location for these dealers. Hopefully we'll see them come in. The upscale shopping being developed in Northwest Macon means upscale shoppers, prime shoppers for these high-end car brands.

I'm sorry I wasnt aware. Dont get to Savannah much. I've never seen a Range Rover (not in Macon at least) tghat didnt have the Buckhead Spare Wheel cover. Whats the dealership called down there? I'm also ready for some new eateries. Macon needs somethin that ppl cant get just anywhere. It seems were behind in so many areas.

The wife and I are interested in what new restaurants might be coming. She's an Atlanta girl and misses the unlimited variety up there.

Yes I eat in the ATL alot and I under stand her, this area need some great new eatiers, hopefully we will see maybe a chesse cake factory, magganio, pie bar, strip or some things similar... something different than just your family night resturants...

I'm sorry I wasnt aware. Dont get to Savannah much. I've never seen a Range Rover (not in Macon at least) tghat didnt have the Buckhead Spare Wheel cover. Whats the dealership called down there? I'm also ready for some new eateries. Macon needs somethin that ppl cant get just anywhere. It seems were behind in so many areas.

It's Land Rover Hilton Head, based in Bluffton, SC. We've passed by on the drive from Savannah to Charleston. The Jag and Infinity dealers (I believe) are just up the road in Hardeeville.

• 1 month later...

The first cement foundation has been laid on the site of the Lullwater development has been laid. Hopefully this project is about to take off and well see it to began to take shape.

great, i wish they would go ahead and release who will be the tentants and etc.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived