Sign in to follow this  
Cotuit

The Littlest Bar | Off-topic posting

LittlestBar.gif

The Boston section needs an Off-Topic section, and in honor of the dearly departed Littlest Bar, I give Boston's Off-Topic section it's name.

This is a place where you can feel free to discuss things that don't specifically have to do with the urban issues we focus on here at UP. Also new members who feel they don't really have something specific to contribute can introduce themselves here, or ask questions if they don't feel like they have enough to start a new thread about.

Enjoy! :alc:

oh man! the littlest bar! i was down that way today. if i had known about it closing down, i would have stopped in and had a guinness.

Hi. I just found this place through a link on another forum. UrbanPlanet looks like a great place.

Welcome to the site, good to have some new Boston people on here.

The littlest bar is going out for a new bulding, a 31 story condo called 45 province st (terra cotta tile and glass). This rendering shows the littlest bar staying although I have heard it is being closed.

45Province040804.jpg

45P_NightView1.jpg

so i just went to the littlest bar last week... i thought it was closing in dec/jan?

i mean, don't get me wrong! i'm happy it's here still! i just want some time to mentally prepare myself for when it finally does go...

anyone know?

It's still open?!?!? I thought it closed! I used to work, well, pretty much next door. We would go in there every once in a while. I will have to try and make it in before it's gone!

to settle the debate... i called them! they said they were closing, but not for another month... :(

bummer.

on the bright side: we've all got a little bit more time!!

Looks like cool little bar. Too bad it's closing.

I live in Portland and there is a bar in my hood that has to be in the running for smallest in the country. I'ts smaller than my studio apartment and couldn't have more than ten seats. I marvel at the little place every time I walk by. The good side of a little bar is that it always looks like a popular destination.

The Littlest Bar was still open (and packed) last night when I walked by.....I was in a hurry or I would have stopped in and asked for an update.

The littlest bar closed last Saturday....BUT

They are negotiating for new space on Devonshire and could reopen by the end of the year.

Boston.com just made a small update to their site's header while I was reading it. Adding an expanded search feature and upcoming events links. I like it. You may have to have an account with them to see as it is a Beta which is being introduced to "loyal users."

av-1289.jpg

Someone has some 'splainin' to do. <_<

Suspicious packages part of Turner Broadcasting marketing campaign [Boston.com]

Statement from Turner Broadcasting

The ''packages'' in question are magnetic lights that pose no danger. They are part of an outdoor marketing campaign in 10 cities in support of Adult Swim