The Littlest Bar | Off-topic posting

Cotuit

LittlestBar.gif

The Boston section needs an Off-Topic section, and in honor of the dearly departed Littlest Bar, I give Boston's Off-Topic section it's name.

This is a place where you can feel free to discuss things that don't specifically have to do with the urban issues we focus on here at UP. Also new members who feel they don't really have something specific to contribute can introduce themselves here, or ask questions if they don't feel like they have enough to start a new thread about.

Enjoy! :alc:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks like cool little bar. Too bad it's closing.

I live in Portland and there is a bar in my hood that has to be in the running for smallest in the country. I'ts smaller than my studio apartment and couldn't have more than ten seats. I marvel at the little place every time I walk by. The good side of a little bar is that it always looks like a popular destination.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

av-1289.jpg

Someone has some 'splainin' to do. <_<

Suspicious packages part of Turner Broadcasting marketing campaign [Boston.com]

Statement from Turner Broadcasting

The ''packages'' in question are magnetic lights that pose no danger. They are part of an outdoor marketing campaign in 10 cities in support of Adult Swim

Meatwad no!!

Meatwad yes!!!!

Ehhh...I like the show, so I'm partial :) but I think the whole issue is overblown, AND I was 30 minutes late for work after standing FOREVER in the 19 degree weather at Roxbury Crossing waiting for the Orange Line.

Was it stupid for these signs to be attached to public infrastructure? Yes. Did they look threatening....if you have never seen the show then maybe. But to me, it just seems like a couple of egos were hurt, and now the politicians are grand standing to cover up the fact that they got the whole city paranoid about some LED cartoon character.

This was a great "real life" excercise for terrorism response teams, and Turner should step up, appologize, pay the bill, and life should go on....instead Menino and Patrick want to use these mis-identified illegally-placed signs as a reason to sue and imprison. I would be a lot more terrified to walk alone at night in Mattapan than to ride the Orangle Line past some strange looking box, so I would wish the city would put things in perspective and focus on the real issues affecting the city and stop grandstanding on easy harmless targets.