sleep

Fruit Cove

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good timing on this one. Today I turned in a 27 page term paper on sleep deprivation that I wrote for my psychology class. Am I ever glad that's over with!

My sleep habits are very irregular. My bedtime is sometime between 3:00 & 6:00am...that is, if I go to bed at all (I need to stop pulling all-nighters for no reason). I wake up sometime between 6:30 & 10:00am. When I'm going to school full time it's even worse, when I average between four and five hours of sleep per night. Working on architecture projects late at night can be a real drain. Still, there comes a point (say around 7:00am) that going to bed is absolutely useless. You know it's late when you're still in the studio working and people start showing up for classes the next day. LOL. Of course during finals week, I have architecture projects to finish up, so I find myself working for 2 or 3 days at a time with no sleep whatsoever. Somehow I have managed to sleep through class only twice...although just because I am there, that doesn't mean that I am comprehending anything. :lol:

Good timing on this one.  Today I turned in a 27 page term paper on sleep deprivation that I wrote for my psychology class.  Am I ever glad that's over with!

My sleep habits are very irregular.  My bedtime is sometime between 3:00 & 6:00am...that is, if I go to bed at all (I need to stop pulling all-nighters for no reason).  I wake up sometime between 6:30 & 10:00am.  When I'm going to school full time it's even worse, when I average between four and five hours of sleep per night.  Working on architecture projects late at night can be a real drain.  Still, there comes a point (say around 7:00am) that going to bed is absolutely useless.  You know it's late when you're still in the studio working and people start showing up for classes the next day. LOL.  Of course during finals week, I have architecture projects to finish up, so I find myself working for 2 or 3 days at a time with no sleep whatsoever.  Somehow I have managed to sleep through class only twice...although just because I am there, that doesn't mean that I am comprehending anything.    :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow, you sound exactly like myself. im a full timer too, in politics and economics and a minor in history....i have stayed up for the better part of a week more than once with no sleep aside from 30 mins to an hour naps here and there after collapsing from exhaustion,...glad to know im not the only one doing that..that would be kinda depressing...i know what you mean about seeing people show up for class and you havent even slept....aahhhh, but its only temporary for me, after school ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D

• 2 weeks later...

I was an international baccalaureate student in High school. I also worked at a radio station 30 hrs a week and my parents had 40 acres i was (as elsest boy) responsible for. SLEEP! HA! now, as a college student, i work overnights at one job, mornings for class, afternoon for job 2. I will sleep when i die. Though i am tired, anytime i try to sleep, my brain just thinks. my dr. says it is social anxiety/depression, but i think he was trying to get his quota for paxil rx's....lol

Archived