New Garden Road area (potential wendover)

jervais

New Garden is hemmed in on both sides of the Bryan blvd. intersection by geography and existing residential development, so it will not be miles of such stuff like Wendover is. However, it will be very dense in the area you are referring to where they are building a whole network of strip development behind the stand alone buildings put up just a couple of years ago. They had better put more residential in the area as within a mile of this you have several other large strip type centers and basically an extreme saturation of retail, too much to ever support all the tenants. They are about finished with a townhome subdivision a block down towards G.C., however the y will need much more than this. Otherwise the surrounding neighborhoods are sprawled out and won't hold the necessary residents (density).

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Far too much retail in a small area, and the shopping center on the north side of Battleground across from Brassfield is aging and frankly would serve better as apartments and condos, and allow Brassfield to reach full occupancy again. Not to mention that 1 mile up Battleground they are putting yet another large shopping center at the corner of Old battleground. The amount of waste physically disturbs me.

• 3 months later...

i can't wait for McAlister's to open. i've probably already said that in this thread. :)

does anybody know what is going to become of those two other areas they are clearing on new garden?

the first one has been worked on for months on the corner of jefferson and new garden, and the other patch of land is near the little bridge on the stretch of new garden that is two lanes.

i can't wait for McAlister's to open. i've probably already said that in this thread. :)

does anybody know what is going to become of those two other areas they are clearing on new garden?

the first one has been worked on for months on the corner of jefferson and new garden, and the other patch of land is near the little bridge on the stretch of new garden that is two lanes.

ahh, that makes sense since that whole area where the lodge is currently located is being redeveloped. i hated to see the houses on the other side of the street before you reach brassfield get torn down for office space as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived