Dallas: Street level pictures by thelakelander

bobliocatt

Last week I got the chance to visit Dallas for the first time. I must say I was pretty impressed by what's going on in that city. The light rail gets good ridership numbers and downtown had a nice stream of pedestrian traffic the entire time I was there. Here are some of the several pictures I took, while on foot.

lelmstreetwestend9zn.jpg

lakardnorth0ig.jpg

ldartstpaulstation1va.jpg

lfieldsmain2zv.jpg

lfountainplace1xr.jpg

lhistorictowercommerce0jr.jpg

lhistorictowergothic0af.jpg

lhistorictowerjackson3us.jpg

lhoustonstreetwestend0kj.jpg

ljfk6thfloormuseum6el.jpg

lmagnoliahotel8aw.jpg

lmajestictheater2qs.jpg

lpegasusplaza9ha.jpg

lstonestreetgardens1ty.jpg

lthemagnolia6cx.jpg

lurbanmarket7of.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you ride the lightrail?
Yes, I used DART to get around town, instead of renting a car.

Unfortunately DT looks about as dead as it did in 1996 when I was last there. Was this just the photos or did you notice this too?

Its mostly the photos because I tend not too snap pics with people in them, because I don't have the type of camera that can zoom into a crowd a block away.

The downtown scene wasn't a Manhattan or a Philly, but it wasn't an Atlanta scene either. There was a steady stream of people on the streets and the activity picked up around the rail lines. They've also got a ton of renovation and new projects going up in the core as well, so it should only get better.

• 1 month later...

Did you have a good trip?  I hope you got to check out some of the other parts of town like Knox-Henderson, Lakewood, Highland Park, etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't rent a car (relied on DART instead) and my schedule was pretty tight, so I didn't get around as much as I wanted to. I only saw Fort Worth, downtown, Uptown and the West End for the most part. I'll try to check out some of the other areas when I return next year.

Btw, great pics Raider Dude.

Archived