Evans-Columbia County

DaGABoyStinger

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever happened to these 3 projects? Are they still planned, or are some cancelled? It seems to be taking a long time for these to take off!

Marshall Square

Profile: 57-acre mixed-use project, including luxury condominiums, is expected to be completed by 2007.

Evans Town Park

Location: North Belair Road near Hereford Farm Road intersection

Profile: 60-acre mixed-use development will feature a 60,000-square-foot office building; bulk of construction to begin this summer.

Mullins Crossing II:

Location: Just west of the Mullins Crossing shopping center at the intersection of Washington and Owens roads.

Profile: The second phase of the Target- and Kohl's-anchored Mullins Crossing shopping center is expected to be built in the spring.

The only one where I see any progress is:

Evans Town Square

Profile: The 23-acre site, currently occupied by Evans Middle School, could be redeveloped as a retail center as soon as late 2006 or early 2007. (rumored to be Home Depot. Blah!)

Probably another strip center.

As for Marshall Square, i think they are planning on building the residential portions first. The last time I drove that way, (Its been over 6 months) they had cleared out some land and built a small road but that had been cleared for a long time already. I talked to one of the sales agents probably about a year ago and he said things were still a go but they were taking things very slowly...I guess we will see. This is HOT property so I imagine if Marshall Sq. doesnt pan out, something will.

Seems like I also read an article that Mullins phase 2 would be starting this spring but cant be positve about that.

I noticed that this past weekend coming in on Hwy 28. Also noticed a large new shopping center going up next to the relatively new shopping center (on Washington Rd.) with the Patagonia Grille. I tried to eat there but they closed at 4:00 pm Sunday. Heard it was good though.

Another thing I noticed was that the LandRover place has gone out of business. I thought that looked kind of tacky anyway, taking up all that land for an SUV place.

I noticed that this past weekend coming in on Hwy 28. Also noticed a large new shopping center going up next to the relatively new shopping center (on Washington Rd.) with the Patagonia Grille. I tried to eat there but they closed at 4:00 pm Sunday. Heard it was good though.

Another thing I noticed was that the LandRover place has gone out of business. I thought that looked kind of tacky anyway, taking up all that land for an SUV place.

Edited by CanukInAugusta

From what I heard, Hank Aaron had to close a bunch of stores and he closed ours. But I think Taylor is buying it, so they're still be plenty of Land Rovers for the yuppies.

And where's that hamburger place supposed to go? It should've been opened by now!!!! I'm getting angry!!!

Edited by Pillsbury

From what I heard, Hank Aaron had to close a bunch of stores and he closed ours. But I think Taylor is buying it, so they're still be plenty of Land Rovers for the yuppies.

And where's that hamburger place supposed to go? It should've been opened by now!!!! I'm getting angry!!!

• 3 weeks later...