Federal Budget and the Triad

jjasonham

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think it makes sense to build it downtown and thats where Id rather see it. Maybe somewher near the ballpark. But I do see the logic of building it next to the Coliseum. AS of today the plan ie to reuse the Canada Dry building next to the coliseum as part of the ACC Hall of Fame. Origional plans for the site was to build two hotels wtih a total of 500 rooms and retail space.

Personally I think it makes sense to build it downtown and thats where Id rather see it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. I really wish they could work something out so this could go downtown. Perhaps even South Elm at the brownfield site. I know they would like to have space outside for fields (not sure why) so putting it there you could have a larger tract of land than say the heart of downtown.

Like you said though, I can understand the logic of putting it beside the coliseum, however I think the biggest advantage to putting it there would only be visible when the ACC tournament is being played at the coliseum. All other times I would think downtown would offer a better setting. A downtown location would make the museum more popular throughout the year and not just during the acc tournament.

Archived